Black Ops 2: Tranzit – Tower of Babble Achievement Guide
Inquisitive players have solved the biggest riddle in Black Ops 2 so far; how to complete the “Tower of Babble” achievement. We’ve finally got the answer, and it isn’t easy — check out our step-by-step guide right here to uncover Tranzit’s greatest mystery.
Get more Tranzit secrets on our Black Ops 2 cheats page where you’ll find the Happy Hour achievement guide, secret song easter eggs, and where to find the original zombie survival map Nacht Der Untoten.
If you’re having trouble with the solo campaign, use Game Front’s Black Ops 2 walkthrough for mission strategies and weapon recommendations.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Tower of Babble (75 points / Gold)
In TranZit, obey the voices.
Tower of Babble Achievement Guide
More info incoming with video!
Note: Before you begin, you’ll need 4 PLAYERS to complete this achievement.
- Beginning Tranzit, all four players will need to construct a Turbine. Learn how to build a Turbine with our video guide here.
- To build the Turbine: grab the mannequin from the central map, a toy plane’s wing under the payphones, and a fan sitting by some seats near the window. Take each part to the workbench to construct.
- Before going too far, you’ll need an EMP Grenade. These grenades randomly spawn from the Mystery Box. Collect at least one EMP grenade for later.
- Next, you’ll need to get to the Power Station. Open the doors to exit the Bus Depot with the Turbines, and board the bus. Wait until the bus makes three stops to reach the Power Station entrance, through a locked shed just across from the bus stop.
- Pay to open the shed door and drop down into the hidden Power Station. Inside, you’ll then need to turn on the Power. Learn how to turn on the power with our video guide here.
- To turn on the power: collect the Zombie Arm, the Circuit Board, and the Lever. All three are scattered in the small Power Station. Collect them and attach to the power switch to turn on the electricity, activating the green lightposts around the map. These green lights work as teleporters now. Learn more about teleporters in Tranzit with our video guide here.
- Next, you’ll need to turn the power off. Just flip the switch again when the mysterious voice asks you to. Wait for the voice again, then leave using the Turbine to open the metal shutters.
- You’re getting closer. Now your team needs to find the Pylon, a large structure hidden in the cornfields between the Farm and Power Station. Leave the Power Station and head back to the Farm on foot, and enter the cornfields to your right.
- Before continuing, make sure you have an EMP Grenade handy. The Pylon is very tall, so just look for the structure poking out toward the sky.
- At the Pylon, now you just need to fight and wait. Waves of zombies will attack, until an electricity-zombie boss appears. You may need to wait until the beginning of the next round for him to appear.
- Set up two Turbines beneath the Pylon, and wait for the mysterious voice to order your team to kill the electricity-zombie. Make sure you don’t shoot it, instead kill it with an EMP Grenade.
- Now you’re very close! Leave two players with their Turbines near the Pylon, then send two other players with their Pylons away to the green teleporter lights around Tranzit.
- Go to the green teleporter lights at the Diner area, and one at the Bank area. Have both players set down their Turbines, and the achievement / trophy will unlock.