Blizzard Reveals World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Limited Collector’s Edition
You knew it was coming. The big box of stuff to celebrate the update and rework of Blizzard’s flagship moneymaker – World of Warcraft is here to suck up a little more of your time and income. Yesterday during Gamescon, the company announced details for its premium retail packaging surrounding the upcoming Cataclysm expansion.
The boutique box is already available for pre-order at retailers like Gamestop for $80. It includes lots of stuff to make die-hard WoW fanboys happy including:
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
So, if that $80 is burning a hole in your pocket and you just can’t stand to live life without a special edition WoW Deathwing mousepad, well your dreams have finally come true.