Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett – Message in a Bottle Side-quest Guide
Find Game Front’s extensive library of Borderlands 2 cheats and guides on our free mobile apps where you’ll find the latest high-quality gaming videos.
iOS video walkthroughs app
Droid video walkthroughs app
In the first expansion to Borderlands 2, you’ll be on a pirate themed adventured with Captain Scarlett. Like any good pirate, you’ll eventually find a special side-quest called “Message in a Bottle” that asks you to find multiple hidden treasure chests scattered throughout the new locations. While some of these “X” marks are easy to find, many can be very tricky for the uninitiated landlubber. That’s why we’re here to help with a full guide telling you where to find each treasure. Get all the details below.
Dive into this new DLC with our Captain Scarlett walkthrough and cheats. Return to the plain campaign with our full walkthrough of Borderlands 2 on Game Front. There’s more extras, secrets, achievement guides and easter eggs, on the Borderlands 2 cheats page.
Message in a Bottle Side-quest Guide
Town of Oasis:
- Circle around to the eastern fence of the town, and look down a northern alley with a single shuttered door.
- Press the green button to find the treasure inside.
- In the southwestern corner of the map, jump off the bridge and climb the rocks around the waterfall.
- Jump across the falls to the rocks on the other side. Just ahead, look down at the rock wall for a small bottle.
- Interact to smash it and reveal a secret room.
- Kill the mob inside and interact with the big “X” in the back left corner to uncover the treasure.
- Follow your marker to the western side of the yards, and stick to the cliffside.
- Look inland toward the grubby garbage-strewn containers. Inside one, near a set of stairs, look carefully for a big “X” to interact with. Use it to uncover your treasure.
- Get to the center of the map, which is a canyon leading inward from the right side of the map, to find a giant anchor.
- Run past the left side of the anchor and look down to find this “X”.
- In the northern section of the map, climb to the top of the lighthouse and look down. Below the cliffs, you’ll find a tall section of rocks you can’t reach from below.
- Here comes the tricky part. You’ll need to drop down from the lighthouse onto these tall rocks. It may take some practice, but your “X” is located right there.
- To find the rocks, look down at the northern ledge of the lighthouse.
[Extra tips from Xbox360Achievements.com forumite Meerrkat]