Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett – Vault Symbol Locations Guide
Looking for more Borderlands 2 DLC tips and tricks like this? Check out every easter egg, cheat and guide on Game Front’s comprehensive video walkthrough apps.
Find Game Front’s comprehensive game walkthrough library on our iOS app
Find Game Front’s comprehensive game walkthrough library on our Droid app
There’s plenty to collect in Borderlands 2, and even more in the lengthy Captain Scarlett DLC campaign. New weapons, new customization, and a new vehicle await — but if you’re truly dedicated to the Vault Hunters’ cause, you’ll want to find every last one of these new hidden collectible Vault Symbols. Once again, Gearbox has deviously hidden the items around every crevice. Stop trying to find a needle in a haystack, check out our text guide below.
Dive into this new DLC with our Captain Scarlett walkthrough and cheats. Return to the plain campaign with our full walkthrough of Borderlands 2 on Game Front. There’s more extras, secrets, achievement guides and easter eggs, on the Borderlands 2 cheats page.
Vault Symbol Locations Guide
- Begin in the town, and travel north to the area only accessible once the main campaign of the DLC is complete. Run up the stairs into the second floor room to find the symbol on the wall.
- In the town, check out the wooden docks overlooking the dried up sands below. On the dock, you can find a small shack for shade. Look at the back end of the metal to find a symbol.
- Travel to the camp in the center of the Oasis and run across the bridge to find the Coral Island Camp. Circle around to the right wall to get your symbol.
- On the eastern side of the Oasis, you’ll find a ship’s wreckage. Look inward toward the wreck to find an easy symbol.
- Get your first symbol on Captain Scarlett’s barge. Ride the elevator to the top deck, and jump past the railings on the left side to look on the ship’s wall above the initial access ladder.
- The next symbol is in the camp on the eastern side of Wurmwater. Find the bones of a ship’s hull on the cliff-face and look for a door and wreckage embedded in the rock wall. Next to the door is a vault symbol.
- Below the massive derelict oil platform, run west down the canyon path full of sandworms toward the shacks over the sands connected by bridges. Climb up a ladder to reach the shacks, cross the rickety bridge and continue east down the path. You’ll pass by the massive satellite dish, following the cliff-side rickety platform until you reach a dead end with two shacks and a chest. It’s a long path, but the symbol is on the wall behind the chest.
- Go to the center of Hayter’s Folly and travel to a door through the west path. You’ll need to take the “Grendel” side-quest to get through. Once you’re inside Grendel’s Den, defeat the enemies until a rock wall drops to reveal a new passage. In this new passage, look at the ceiling to discover your next symbol.
- Go to the large westernmost chamber and look near the steps for sets of shipping containers. Near one staircase, you’ll find a container with the symbol printed on the back, near the northern path out of the chamber.
- Start in the southern edge of the yards, and look at the old rusted shacks. At the southern edge of the map, you can spot a rusted wall. Use the buildings to jump back behind the shacks and look at the back end of the old wall to find a symbol.
- This time, you’ll want to trek up to the northern section of the yards. Climb the ladders up into the right side of the hanging settlement area. Continue down the catwalks, and look right early on, between two buildings and above a sloped metal surface. To reach it, you’ll need to continue forward, climb a ladder, and use the awnings to get on top of some roofs before back tracking to the symbol.
- In the center passage of the refinery, push toward the massive circular chamber but don’t go inside. While still in the long hallway, go down the steps to a trashy area below. The symbol is right on the wall.
- Go to the chamber in the northwestern corner of the refinery and jump off the railings to search below the walkway. Hidden against one of the lower walls topped by a slope you’ll find this symbol.
- Climbing up toward the Lighthouse itself, you’ll enter a small town square after passing some rail lines with a cart on it up a hill. In the center, turn left and look for a larger building with a propeller attached. Circle around to the back wall to find a symbol.
- Below the lighthouse proper, search on the right side to find a symbol on one of the lighthouse exterior supports.
The Leviathans Lair
- After defeating the creature, you’ll see a door directly behind you leading into its chamber. Circle around to the exterior to find a symbol just away from the door, slightly above. You’ll need to jump to reach it.