Borderlands 2: How to Farm Infinite Eridium [Glitch]
Looking for more Borderlands 2 tips and tricks like this? Check out every easter egg, cheat and guide on Game Front’s comprehensive video walkthrough apps.
Find Game Front’s comprehensive game walkthrough library on our iOS app
Find Game Front’s comprehensive game walkthrough library on our Droid app
After opening the vault in the first Borderlands, a new mineral has appeared on the planet Pandora. This valuable commodity is called Eridium, and it’s a new monetary unit you can collect and use in critically-acclaimed Borderlands 2. Though more rare than cash, you can find Eridium just about anywhere in your adventures. But, if you’re tired of not having enough for that one upgrade, then keep reading. Clever Borderlands 2 players have uncovered a method to consistently get as much Eridium as they want, and it works in all versions of Borderlands 2.
When you’ve got enough Eridium, get back to work. Defeat Handsome Jack and save Pandora with our full walkthrough. For more codes, secrets, achievement guides and easter eggs, check out the Borderlands 2 cheats page.
How to Farm Infinite Eridium
- Note: Eridium is a rare mineral resource used for purchasing the highest quality weapons at the Black Market in Sanctuary. It can also be used to purchases Bank, Ammo Capacity, and Backpack upgrades.
- When you reach the artic region of Three Horns Valley, find the fast-travel terminal. North of the terminal, you can locate an area called the Bloodshot Stronghold.
- Before going inside, find a unique boss monsters called Bad Maw inside a hideout. When he’s defeated, he’ll always drop Eridium.
- Next, enter the Bloodshot Stronghold. When you’re inside, bring up the menu to save and quit.
- Reload your game. Fast-travel to Three Horns, kill Bad Maw again, and keep collected Eridium.
- Rinse and repeat to get as much as you want, or if you lose patience. Happy hunting!
- Warning: This will stop working after completing a rescue mission leading to the Stronghold. After completing the mission, Badmaw will no long drop special loot. [Thanks to Recondite in the comments.]