Borderlands 2: How to Unlock Golden Keys & Veteran Skins
Want more high-quality Borderlands 2 video coverage of cheats, secrets, and collectibles? Download the Game Front walkthrough app for free and enjoy daily cheats, guides, and secrets.
Game Front Walkthroughs App on iOS
Game Front Walkthroughs App on Android
Borderlands 2 is all about the loot, and apparently it’s all about unlockable bonus rewards too. If you pre-order, you’ll get yourself a shiny gold key, but if you’re reading this page now after release, you aren’t out of luck! There are more ways to unlock the desirable key. You can also get rewarded for playing the first Borderlands, as long as you have a save file. Learn more about Golden keys and veteran skins below.
Travel Pandora with a little help from Game Front with our full walkthrough. Kill mutant turtles or Gunzerk like crazy with Borderlands 2 cheats page, where you’ll find all our extra in-depth articles for Gearbox’s seminal sequel.
How to Unlock Golden Keys & Veteran Skins
If you own a PC, you can cheat to unlock as many Golden Keys as you want, or unlock every promo item. Find the full PC cheat guide here.
- There are multiple ways to get your hands on a Golden Key.
- First, you’ll gain a Golden Key for pre-ordering Borderlands 2. If you’ve pre-ordered, you can redeem your pre-order code for a key.
- If you missed the pre-order window, you’ve still got options. Signing up for the in-game Gearbox Shift program will reward you with a free Golden Key the next time you play.
- Gearbox is planning on giving away more keys for future promotions and events, so watch the news ticker in Borderlands 2.
- To use the Golden Key, look near the fast-travel Terminal for a Golden Loot Box. Opening it will reward you with loot based on your level. Try to restrain yourself, opening it will use up your key, so try to save it for later in the game for better loot!
- Unlockable veteran skins are available for anyone with a Borderlands 1 save file on their console / gaming system of choice.