Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock – How to Summon the Secret Raid Boss
Gearbox is pulling no punches with its latest Borderlands 2 raid boss, included with Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. Hidden around the Hunter’s Grotto are four furnaces for burning your valuable eridium. Burn enough, and you’ll summon the deadly Dexiduous the Invincible.
Beware, if you die or exit the game, you’ll have to spend all that precious eridium again to get this boss back. If you’re hardcore enough, and bring a few friends, check out how to spawn Dexiduous with the guide below.
If you need help surviving Sir Hammerlock’s quest, find our step-by-step Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt strategy guide for a complete walkthrough of every main mission. For more secrets like this, including easter eggs and achievement guides, browse over to the Sir Hammerlock cheats.
How to Summon Dexiduous the Invincible
Warning!: If you leave the game or area, you’ll lose any spent Eridium and must complete every step to summon Dexiduous again.
- Before attempting the summon this hidden Raid Boss, you’ll want to complete the main story missions of “Big Game Hunt”, you’ll also want you or your friends to bring 99 Eridium shards.
- There are four totems you’ll need to feed between 20-25 Eridium shards to. These are scattered around the Hunter’s Grotto. Look for a totem with a black furnace full of purple Eridium at its base.
- Totem #1: Look in the far southern corner of the Grotto, in the slightly more narrow passage full of native wall paintings.
- Totem #2: Travel west to another tribal camp looking out over the water, on a high cliff. Check out the center of the western section of the Grotto.
- Totem #3: Look east of the large gap in the map where your first totem was located. Cross over to the eastern section across the gap and look for a camp in the center with elevator access. Ride the lift, and you’ll exit out to another camp with the totem out in the open.
- Totem #4: The next totem is directly north of the third. Travel up to the cliff and jump off, you’ll be able to spot the final totem near the water near another small cluster of buildings below.
- Once you’ve lit all four totems, you’ll need to travel to the center of the norther section of the Grotto. Look for a new totem with four unlit torches. If you’ve filled all four furnaces with Eridium, the torches will all be lit.
- The spawn point is in the center of a large plain, with only a single rock to mark its location. That leaves plenty of room to fight.
- Pull the level when you’re ready. Fight a few waves of enemies, and Dexiduous the Invincible will appear. Goodluck!