Borderlands 2: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Side-quest [Easter Egg]
Find Game Front’s extensive library of Borderlands 2 cheats and guides on our free mobile apps where you’ll find the latest high-quality gaming videos.
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for iOS
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for Android
Cowabunga, dudes! It’s time to fulfill Shredder’s dreams and kill those pesky turtles. If you’re still looking for a surprise, stop right now because there are major BORDERLANDS 2 SPOILERS AHEAD. Ready to go on? Are you sure?
Good, because there are four pop-culture relevant mutants skulking beneath Sanctuary. Someone has to put them down, and that someone is Mitchell from Game Front’s Walkthrough Channel on Youtube. Get all the details on this totally radical easter egg with our text guide and video below.
TMNT Easter Eggs
- Once you make it to Sanctuary, begin this Level 14 side-quest by talking to Dr. Tannis in the Crimson Raiders HQ.
- Complete more story-missions if she hasn’t offered it yet. Just keep checking back after each one, eventually you’ll be able to start.
- The quest is called “Splinter Group” and tasks you with killing four mutant escapees from the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, now hiding out in the Bloodshot Stronghold.
- The four mutants aren’t just “well-armed” but “color-coordinated” too.
- To gain access to their Sewer hideout, you’ll need to pretend to be a Pizza Deliveryman. Use the intercom, and the sewer grate will open.
- Jumping down, you’ll enter the Rat’s Nest. Interact with the table ahead to place a pizza to attract the mutants.
- They’ll reveal themselves and show off their referential names; Lee, Dan, Mick, and Ralph.
- They are indeed color-coordinated, have shells on their backs, and use the same weapons as their corresponding turtle.
- For one more joke, look at the mission debrief text after turning the mission in. References!
- If you’re one of the few that doesn’t get the joke, here’s a short history lesson. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are four talking, catch-phrase spewing, walking turtles that starred in their own series of comics, movies, and cartoons. Each has their own ninja weapon of choice, are color-coordinated, and are named after classical Italian painters. Now you know.
- BUT WAIT! After defeating the mutants, you can enter another room with a chest inside. Above the chest are four unlit green lights.
- To light all four, search the room for items you can interact with. Use a switch, a lever, the television, and a valve to activate the light.
- When all four green lights are bright, a new boss will appear named Flinter! This is a reference to the Ninja Turtles’ Sensei, Master Splinter. Defeat him for even more loot.
[Additional Easter Egg Info by TinkerToys, Loveless, Destrou2, and Chris in the comments.]
Find more extras, tips, cheats and secrets with Game Front’s Channel on Youtube, featuring Zac, Mitch, and James.