Borderlands 2: Where to Find the Minecraft Easter Egg
Get more high-quality Borderlands cheats and game guides just like this on the Game Front video game walkthrough app where the latest easter eggs and extras are uploaded daily.
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for iOS
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for Android
You just can’t escape Minecraft. The indie game is everywhere, and it’s slowly invading every triple-A blockbuster. First there was Skyrim, now Borderlands 2 has run afoul of Minecraft. This time, you’ll have something especially deadly to deal with deep underground. If you think you can handle the primordial terror, learn where to find this hidden easter egg and how to uncover it’s many secret customization rewards with our text guide below.
Next on your list: survive Pandora with our full walkthrough. Kill mutant turtles or Gunzerk like crazy with Borderlands 2 cheats page, where you’ll find all our extra in-depth articles for Gearbox’s seminal sequel.
Find the Minecraft Easter Egg
- Hidden later in Borderlands 2, you’ll reach an area called the Caustic Caverns.
- In the caverns, you’ll want to find train tracks in the northwest corner of the map; just keep checking your map and follow the tracks when you reach them.
- The tracks will lead to a massive door. You’ll need to get around it to access this easter egg.
- Turn right from the door, and jump over the Minecraft-esque cube blocks. Stick to the left wall and continue down the side path until you find actual Minecraft dirt blocks. Break through them with your melee attack to uncover the secret area.
- It’s a Creeper! Defeat it to unlock Minecraft-inspired custom head and skin options. You may need to leave and come back multiple times to find all the Creeper has to drop.
- Goodluck, and happy mining!