Call of Duty: Black Ops – Rezurrection DLC Guide
Zombies on the Moon? What will the wizards at Treyarch think up next. This DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops picks up where previous zombie maps left off with new characters and a new plot covering the rise of zombies on a secret Soviet facility in space. Use experimental weapons and low gravity to thwart the zombie threat once more.
Look below for Game Front’s own guide covering tips and tricks for surviving the Moonpocalypse. For more amazing lists, check out the achievements, trophies, and cheats pages to get your fill of weightless brains.
Check back later for new updates!
Table of Contents
- Moon Achievements
- As of right now, Moon is a new map. It is a great mystery to many players, and has many secrets to be uncovered. This map offers many new features that Zombie fans have never even dreamed of. The first thing you will notice on this map is the spawn area called “No Man’s Land”. It is presumably in Area 51, and it has a location where you can teleport to the moon. However, you will hear a buzzer. This buzzer is your worst nightmare. After you hear it, a massive wave of zombies will attack you, including dogs. You must teleport to the moon as soon as possible. Once you get there though, you will realize you can’t breathe. This is where another new feature comes in. Grab the space suit in the locker directly in front of you, and activate it so you can breathe. There will be barely any sound, so be aware the entire time. Also, grenades will be more difficult to use, and you will need to control your mobility better. Why? Because there is a lack of gravity on the moon.
- Now you may be thinking, what else does this map have to offer? Being on the moon is great, but there has to be more to it. Well, there is. The generous folks over at Treyarch added in a brand new perk, and a new weapon. The perk can be found while moving around in the map. As usual, it will be a soda machine. This new perk gives you the ability to hold three guns at a time, instead of just two. This is great if you have the problem of running low on ammo, or guns. And let’s be honest, when is more firepower ever a bad thing? The new perk is called ‘Mule Kick’ and will cost you a whopping 4,000 points. That extra weapon slot may be useful if you find yourself the new weapon in the mystery box. If you get lucky enough to find a powerful gun called ‘The Wave Gun’ in the Mystery box, then you have stumbled upon the new weapon on Moon. When you first pick it up, ‘The Wave Gun’ will be a dual-wielded gun, but it can be changed into one large gun by pressing left on the D-Pad. If the awesome look of this new ‘Wonder Weapon’ doesn’t please you, then maybe it’s function will. The Wave Gun will make zombies cough up blood, and slowly expand while floating away. While dual-wielded, The Wave Gun turns into ‘The Zap Gun Dual Wield’. When Pack-a-Punched, it becomes the ‘Max Wave Gun’ and the dual wielded version turns into ‘Porter’s X2 Zap Gun’.
All guides to the achievements will be updated soon.
- In Moon, complete Richtofen’s grand scheme.
- To get this secret achievement, you’ll need a few things first. Obviously, the Rezurrection DLC. Secondly, you’ll need two previous achievements from the other DLC zombie maps. Unlock the achievements ‘Ensemble Cast’ and ‘Time Will Tell’. Next, play Moon in Zombies. You will have to be Richtofen in Moon to do this. When you do get Richtofen, you will have a tiny Vrill generator icon at the bottom of your screen.
- You will also need three specific weapons from the mystery box. Yes, three. If you didn’t know already, the new perk in Moon allows you to have three weapons at once. So buy ‘Mule Kick’ off the wall for a whopping 4,000 points.
- You may need a lot of points for this one. You’ll be taking your luck at the mystery box trying to get three rare weapons. Keep testing your luck, and acquire all of these weapons at the same time: The Wave Gun, Quantum Entanglement Devices (QED), and Gersch Devices.
- Receive the Excavator “PI” to breach Tunnel 6. You only need to breach it once.
- After you activate the power (near the pyramid), play a round of ‘Samantha Says’ on the four computers outside near the building.
- Head to the labs. Near one of the counters should be the ‘Hacker’. Hack one of the four red buttons along the wall. This will also activate four switches nearby. Locate them by searching for their green light.
- Hack all four of the switches. Once done, press the four buttons you found on the wall earlier in less than 2-3 seconds. If you did it right, they will stay lit. The mysterious pyramid that you’ve probably been wondering about now comes into play. A round hole will open up, but don’t do anything with it yet.
- When tunnel has been breach, someone must hack the proper terminal from the Receiving Area so that the Digger leaves.
- Go back to tunnel 6. A black egg should have appeared near the M16. Knife the egg and you’ll see it moving around the room. Follow it. Knife it when it stops. Open doors for it so it can continue to move. It should fly up onto a dish on top of the spatial base.
- Use the Wave Gun on the tip of the Dish. The egg will move again. Follow it through tunnel 11. IT will go hide into a metal railing. You can either shoot it from the wall next to Stamin-Up, or you can throw a grenade at it. Keep moving until the egg reaches the pyramid. It fits in the hole you opened previously.
- A container will rise up from the right side of the pyramid. You have to kill about 25 zombies near the container so it can collect ‘Zombie Souls’. You’ll see the souls rise up to the ceiling.
- You should be rewarded the Death Machine for 90 seconds. Also, you will unlock the achievement ‘Cryogenic Slumber Party’. Continue on to get the ‘Big Bang Theory’ Achievement.
- In Moon, hack something.
- The first thing you have to do is acquire the ‘Hacker’. The Hacker. is located in the labs on a counter. Trade your equipment for the Hacker.
- Press Up on the D-Pad to select the Hacker.
- Once the Hacker is selected, go over to a gun on the wall. In the same room there should be an MP5k. Walk over to it, and hack the gun. Once the hacking bar fills all the way up, the hacking is complete. You should immediately receive the ‘One Small Hack for Man…’ achievement.
- In Moon, become trapped in the Receiving Area and free yourself through resurrection in co-op.
- Wait for the two excavators to be done. After this, the only way to get across the map is by the cosmonaut teleporting you when he hits you. You can also use the Gersch device.
- Get yourself into the Receiving Room (the first room, not Area 51) through teleportation. DO NOT LET YOUR CO-OP PARTNER TELEPORT.
- Kill yourself. Yes, you actually have to. Have your co-op partner finish the round, alone.
- When you respawn, you will be out of the Receiving area and will not be trapped anymore.
- Once you are alive, and out of the Receiving Room, you will unlock the ‘One Giant Leap’ achievement.
- In Moon, purchase every perk in one game.
- This achievement is pretty self explanatory, but I’ll do my best to simplify it. Please remember, you do not need to collect all of the perks at the same time. You only need to get all the perks at least once in a single game.
- You must collect all the perks while playing on Moon. You can collect one perk before round 1, by buying the random perk that spawns in No Man’s Land.
- The first thing you need to do is make your way to the power switch. If you are playing solo, you can buy Quick Revive in the first room for 500, without the power.
- After you activate the power, find the Perk-a-Cola machines scattered around the map. All the perks you need to collect are Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, Double Tap, Mule Kick, PHD Flopper, and Juggernaut.
- You will need to collect about 14,000 points to buy all the perks. If you are not playing co-op, you will also need to collect points to open all of the doors.
- Once you have purchased all of the perks, you will unlocked the ‘Perks in Spaaaaaace!’ achievement.
- In Moon, acquire 3 pack-a-punched weapons at the same time.
- This is one of the more simple achievements, but you have to be patient. Obviously, you will need three weapons at the same time.
- I suggest collecting about 20,000 points first. Pack-a-Punching three weapons will cost you 15,000, and the perk will cost you 4,000. The extra 1,000 points will leave you enough to buy a third gun.
- To get three weapons at once, you have to acquire the ‘Mule Kick’ perk. It will cost you 4,000 points. Once you acquire it, go get another weapon.
- Once you have three weapons, go to the Pack-a-Punch machine. You should know where it is considering it’s the first thing you see when you start the game. If you don’t remember, it’s in No Man’s Land (Area 51).
- Pack-a-Punch will cost you 5,000 points per gun. Pack-a-Punch each of your weapons. Once you grab the third weapon out of the machine, you should unlock the ‘Fully Armed and Operational’ achievement.
- In Moon, prevent each excavator from breaching the base in one game.
- First off, you should know that all of the Excavator controls are in the Receiving area (the first room you enter). They will not activate unless you turn on the power, so make sure you turn it on.
- You will need the Hacker to stop the Excavators, so go to the Labs and find it on one of the counters.
- When you hear a voice over the intercom saying that one of the Excavators is active, head over to the receiving area. Press Up on the D-Pad to bring up the Hacker, and use it on the Excavator that is active.
- Once you hack an Excavator, it will stop. Make sure you do it before it breaches a tunnel.
- Repeat this process for each of the Excavators. If done correctly, then you will unlock the ‘Ground Control’ achievement.
- In Moon, gain sweet, sweet, revenge.
- This is continued from the ‘Cryogenic Slumber Party’ achievement. Continue where you left off.
- The next step is to head over to ‘No Man’s Land’. No Man’s Land is Area 51, the place where you spawn. To your right there should be a beam structure with plates stored on it. Throw a grenade at it and the plates will fall off.
- Throw a Gersch Device behind the crates where the plates have fallen. The plates should now be on the teleporter pad.
- Go back to the Moon. The plates should now be right in front of the Quick Revive machine. Use a QED on them. They should now be right next to a computer a corner of the room.
- Look in the labs for a lead pipe. They are usually hidden in one of the computers where the hacker spawns. Grab it and plug it into the machine in the Receiving Area. Make Richtofen put the Vrill Generator in between.
- Make Richtofen repeatedly press the X button on the computer keyboard for a few minutes. After the voice over ends, the screen will stay green.
- The Vrill Generator will now be powered up, and it will shine. Grab it and move to the pyramid. Put the Vrill Generator near the engravings. There will be four containers that rise up from the corners of the pyramid base.
- Fill up the tanks exactly like before. Kill about 25 zombies near the container. They should fill up with zombie souls the exact same way.
- The egg from before will fly back to the outside area. It will be located near the ‘Samantha Says’ consoles. Use a Gersch Device on the egg.
- The egg will teleport onto three rockets outside of the playing area. They will launch and head towards Earth. You will now unlock ‘The Big Bang Theory’.
- Along with the achievement, you will unlock permanent perks. Enjoy the Moon, zombie killer. It’s yours!
- This map translates to “Night of the Undead”. It is the first Nazi Zombies map that was released with World at War (available after you completed the campaign). This map does not have any perks on it, unlike the other Zombie maps. It consists of the three rooms, which are the Starting room, the ‘Help’ room, and the Upstairs. The Help room contains the mystery box. It is to the left when you open the door. There is a direct route to the upstairs from the Starting room, which is a set of stairs. However, most people do not use the stairs because it opens up another route for zombies to attack the Upstairs. The only ‘Wonder Weapon’ available on this map is the Ray Gun, however while playing the Rezurrection DLC you can acquire Black Ops weapons from the mystery box.
- Verrückt was a World at War Zombies map. The name translates to “Crazy” but most people call it Asylum, because the map is an insane asylum. This is the first map that requires you to turn on the power, and all maps after this have power too. There are many more rooms and weapons than on Nacht Der Untoten. There is the left spawn room, and the right spawn room. Once the power is turned on, you can unite the spawn rooms. On the right there is a back room, a hallway, a balcony, and an upstairs. On the left there is an upstairs and a balcony. There is also a kitchen. On the opposite side of the building from the spawn, there is the power room. This is where the mystery box is located. Scattered across different rooms, there are Perk-a-Cola machines. This is the first map to have the perks, and all maps after have them too. This is mostly a close quarters map. The only chance you will have at long range is if you kill the zombies while they spawn in the courtyard. You cannot access the courtyard to roam around. Pick a room, and defend yourselves from the insane amount of zombies that will be sure to attack you.
- Shi No Numa is a classic Zombies map that ties into the story very well. The name translates to ‘Swamp of Death’. So obviously, it is a swamp. This is a very large map. You start out in a building in the middle. When you exit, it branches off in an ‘X’ shape to four other locations. These four locations are the Comm room, the Storage Hut, the Doctors Quarters, and the Fishing Hut. The mystery box could be at any one of these locations, so look for the light that the box emits to find it. On your way to the location you choose to go to, you will be slowed down by the swamp. To avoid death, move through the swamp when there are not many zombies around. Each of the locations contain a Perk-a-Cola machine, which can be very useful. Don’t be a chew toy! This is the first map to introduce dog rounds. Hell Hounds will attack you, but don’t worry. They are easy to triumph over as long as you don’t panic. If you kill the final dog, he will drop a max ammo. In a way, dog rounds are good and prepare you for the zombie horde. Good luck in the swamp!
- This map was a community favorite in World at War. Many Zombie enthusiasts are happy to see it in the Rezurrection DLC. The name translates to ‘The Giant’ but it is also known as ‘Factory’. This map is the most complicated of all the classic maps. You start out in the courtyard. From there, there are multiple locations you can go to. You can head towards Teleporter A, Teleporter B, or Teleporter C. By Teleporter A, you can access the Lab and Animal Testing. If you go to Teleporter B, you can access the Hangar, the Furnace Room, and the Generators on the second floor. If you head towards Teleporter C, you can access another Lab, and a mystery room. The first thing you should do is turn on the power which is located in the courtyard near Teleporter C. The mystery box also starts out there. Der Riese is the first map to offer many new features. In the mystery box, you can access new wonder weapons such as the Wunderwaffe DG-2, and the Monkey Bombs. You can also link all three teleporters to the mainframe to unlock the door to the Pack-a-Punch machine. For 5,000 points, you can upgrade any weapon to its Pack-a-Punched version. Be on the lookout for easter eggs, because this was home to group 935. This facility is very important, so protect it from the zombies!