Call of Duty Elite Will Be Free for Black Ops 2
Activision announced today that all of its Call of Duty Elite features for Black Ops 2 will be free when the game hits worldwide on November 13th.
Four DLC Map Packs are planned to be released for the game both á la carte and through the introduction of the Black Ops 2 Season Pass. Coming to Xbox LIVE first, the four Map Packs will include a variety of new Multiplayer and Zombies playable content and are expected to be available in 2013. The Season Pass will grant access to all fourMap Packs at a discounted suggested retail price of 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99 on Xbox LIVE).
Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg said:
“For Call of Duty: Black Ops II, DLC Map Packs will be a separate offering from Call of Duty Elite. The Season Pass will be a great way to acquire all four Map Packs at a discount, but if our fans would rather take it one Map Pack at a time, then we’ll offer each pack á la carte for anyone who wants it. What we aren’t doing is requiring a paid membership to access the great player services for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and we’re thrilled to offer all of Elite’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II features to players for free.”
Elite will include the following new and enhanced features:
- Player HQ – Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch’s new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
- Clan HQ – Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
- Zombies Support - For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players’ around the world.
- Call of Duty Elite TV – Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
- Social Sharing and Notifications – With Call of Duty Elite’s new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Check out the trailer: