Call of Duty: Ghosts – Campaign Challenge Achievements Guide
Every mission in Call of Duty: Ghosts features extra challenging achievements, just begging to be unlocked. Most of these are pretty easy — but only if you know where to look. Check out the simple explanations for each of the campaign challenges below and get even closer to 100% completion.
Join Game Front as we play through the campaign on the Call of Duty: Ghosts video walkthrough, with step-by-step text showing you how to navigate every deadly battlefield. For more extras like this, check out the Call of Duty: Ghosts cheats list to find achievement guides, PC tweaks, and hidden unlockables.
Campaign Challenge Achievements Guide
Work-In-Progress – Check back soon for new updates!
Liberty Wall (10 points):
Take down both attack helicopters in Brave New World.
- Mission: Brave New World
- Reaching a gate at the half-way point of the mission, an enemy helicopter will appear. An ally will give the player a launcher. Just keep the laser sight marked over the chopper and take both of them down without missing. Just reload checkpoint if you manage to miss the second helicopter.
Blimey O’Riley (10 points):
Pounce on 10 enemies whilst controlling Riley.
- Mission: No Man’s Land
- There are two sections during this mission when you’ll take direct control of the service dog Reilly. Kills when in control of Riley count, but you’ll also be able to send Riley to attack. Those count too — target opponents and press [LB / L1] to send Riley after an opponent.
Waste Not (10 points):
Every shot with the remote sniper kills a person or vehicle.
- Mission: Stuck Down
- There are four sections where you’ll take control of the remote sniper rifle. To unlock the achievement, never miss a shot — to play it really safe, play on the easiest difficulty and only target enemies that are standing still. If you miss during one of the sections, reload checkpoint to try again. The achievement will still unlock.
Go Ugly Early (10 points):
A-10 strafe 50 enemies.
- Mission: Homecoming
- Just keep shooting with the A-10. Shoot the swarms of soldiers on the ground to easily pop this achievement.
It Came from Below! (10 points):
Kill 6 enemies with the knife while underwater in “Legends Never Die”.
- Mission: Legends Never Die
- This is one of the harder achievements. Play on Recruit difficulty, and plan on knifing just about every enemy in the underwater section. There are very few soldiers to choose from — don’t worry about the soldiers that aren’t currently underwater, shoot them, then knife the soldiers in the water.
Sleeping Beauty (10 points):
Kill sleeping enemy in face down rappel section
- Mission: Federation Day
- After shooting the two unaware enemies in the balcony while rappelling down the side of the building, watch the interior through the windows. Down several more floors, watch for an opponent sleeping inside. Shoot him to get this easy-to-miss achievement.
Carbon Faceprint (10 points):
Catch the photocopier with your face.
- Mission: Federation Day
- During the escape sequence, you’ll rappel down the building while an explosion occurs above. Watch for the photocopier, and position yourself underneath it to unlock the achievement. It falls about in the center of the area you jump, to the right of a falling soldier.
Burn Baby Burn (25 points):
Destroy 80 fuel containers.
- Mission: Birds of Prey
- At the start of the mission, you’ll be in control of a chopper. Look out for the red and white fuel containers — they’re located on just about every structure, so just keep shooting.
Jungle Ghosts (25 points):
Finish the mission without breaking stealth.
- Mission: The Hunted
- Thankfully, this achievement can be completed after reloading checkpoints. If you’re spotted and a firefight breaks out, then you’ve broken stealth. But, enemies that are unaware or are just about to see you can be shot with silenced weapons. If you’re found, simply reload the checkpoint and try again.
Deep Freeze (25 points):
Drop 8 vehicles into ice holes.
- Mission: Clockwork
- During the ending escape in Clockwork, you’ll be given a grenade launcher while riding on the back of a jeep. Instead of aiming for the enemy pursuing vehicles, aim for the ice to blow holes in their path.
Piece of Cake (100 points):
Storm the common room and kill everyone without taking damage on Veteran.
- Mission: Atlas Falls
- After breaching into the common room, you’ll need to avoid taking any damage at all. Not so easy in a Call of Duty game. Throw flash bangs and grenades at the enemies in the back, and continue to use flash bangs to keep the enemy stunned. If one of them does manage to shoot you, reload checkpoint before continuing.
Grindin’ (40 points):
Blow the pressure valves on your first attempt.
- Mission: Atlas Falls
- Easy — after dumping the body and getting on the console to complete a mini-game. Simply keep the bars in the green or yellow zones for a few seconds, don’t let them slide down to the red zone.
David & Goliath (20 points):
Take down the LCS on the first go.
- Mission: Into the Deep
- Another easy achievement. At the end of the mission, you’ll need to keep the missile on target to destroy the LCS in one hit. Aim for the red on the ship to destroy it.
Cog in the Machine (35 points):
Kill 5 enemies without being detected before infiltrating Black Zone.
- Mission: End of the Line
- At the start of the mission, you’ll be able to stealth through the first encounters. Simply clear the five of the seven or so enemies without being spotted to unlock this achievement.
Jack-Pot (20 points):
Destroy 21 slot machines.
- Mission: Sin City
- Down the stairs, the Ghosts will enter a casino filled with slot machines. But, there’s a tricky problem. There are only 20 machines on the casino floor. Destroy all of them, and later you’ll have to duck under a gate raised by a teammate. Just after you do, look on the balcony across the room before running down the stairs. There are a few more (slightly) hidden slot machines. Shoot them to unlock the achievement.
End of Your Rope (20 points):
Cut a grappling hook rope with an enemy on it.
- Mission: All or Nothing
- When on the main deck, enemies will use grappling hooks to try and board. Watch for the distinctive metal hooks on the edges of the deck, then look down. When enemies are almost up onto the deck, press [B / Circle] to cut the rope and drop them into the water.
Fly-by-Wire (20 points):
Take out 3 out of 3 helicopters with the remote missile.
- Mission: Severed Ties
- Using the camera-mounted missiles, shoot down all three choppers at the start of the mission. Make sure to select the remote missile weapon [Y / Triangle] and fire to remotely trigger the missile to explode if you miss.
They Look like Ants (20 points):
Destroy all enemy ground targets and kill no allies with the rods.
- Mission: Loki
- At the end of this mission, you’ll be in control of the space weapon. Clear out the small orange targets, and don’t hit a single blue target on the screen. The mission ends if you destroy the primary orange targets — pick off the soldiers and other small orange marks before going for the large ones.
Tickets Please (20 points):
Shoot the grapple guys off the side of the train.
- Mission: Ghost Killer
- Halfway through the final mission, watch for a group of four enemies trying to board the train from the outside together. Simply shoot one of the grapple guys to drop all of them off the side of the train.
More Call of Duty: Ghosts achievement guides, Easter eggs, and extras.
Call of Duty: Ghosts – Rorke Files Collectible Locations Guide
Call of Duty: Ghosts – How to Unlock Extinction Mode
Call of Duty: Ghosts – Low FPS, Stuttering, Crash Fixes & Tweaks
Call of Duty: Ghosts – Multiplayer Modes Video Guide