Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Perks, Killstreaks, Weapons and Unlocks Partially Revealed
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 information continues to leak out. First, there was a dump of info that revealed the setting and story. Now, we’re getting a first look at multiplayer perks, killstreaks, weapons and unlocks.
Thanks to Kotaku, we’ve now got info on a number of the multiplayer goodies. It’s obviously a very limited list, and much will be added to it as we get closer to release, but this is at least a good start.
Unfortunately, they also report that like Modern Warfare 2, MW3 will not support dedicated servers. Instead, it will leave players at the mercy of hosted servers once again. This is a major letdown, as dedicated servers are a large part of making a game’s multiplayer experience better.
At any rate, here are the goodies that have been revealed so far.
These perks will affect your entire team, and are a new addition to MW3. No info on exactly how they’ll work or be earned.
- Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
- Blast Shield: Unclear
- Health Regen: Regenerate health over time.
- Stun Protection: Prevent stunning from flash grenades.
As in previous MW titles, these will affect only you.
- Blind Eye: This makes you immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks. The pro version makes your launchers lock on faster and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
Assassin: This makes you immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also makes you immune to CUAV, EMP and no longer shows your name in red or the crosshair in red when you’re targeted.
- Point Guard: Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak.
- Dead Silence: You make no noise.
- Recon: Unique RADAR system for spotting enemies.
- EMP Grenade: Temporarily takes out all area electronics.
- Littlebird: A tiny remote-controlled helicopter.
- Precision Airstrike: Calls in an airstrike on a targeted area.
- Stealth bomber: Calls in a B2 Spirit to carpet bomb along a line designated by the player.
- Remote Turret: A remote controlled turret.
- Directional UAV: A UAV that can be directed into areas to scan for enemies.
- Remote Mortar: Direct a mortar team using a zoomable camera view of the map to call in strikes.
- Airdrop Trap: A booby-trapped airdrop.
- Ammo Resupply: An ammo reloading airdrop.
- Escort Airdrop: A protected airdrop.
- Specialist Strike Package: No information at this time.