Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
1. The initial cut-scene starts off right where Modern Warfare 2 left us hanging two years ago. Yet in a bit of a tease, it cuts to the chase as you’re in the shoes of another soldier, Frost. You’ll be immediately hit by a RPG. Time to exit the vehicle. From here on, it’s on foot.
2. Follow Sandman and crew down the street with your goal of disabling a jammer. Take cover behind the walls and obstacles along the road quickly, because a swarm of enemies will be just along the way. Keep moving forward toward the way-point, as you take out each enemy one by one. If any one of them peeks their head out, massage their head with a bullet. You can also use the hybrid scope by pressing “3″ to test it out and see if you like it.
3. When you get further down the road by the cross street, a vehicle with a machine gun on top will swerve in. Take out the gunner first and proceed forward. You’ll turn right down the street and be faced with more enemies. I’d suggest taking the sidewalk on the right where the scaffolding is, since you’ll be heading in that direction anyway.
4. When the helicopter comes, you’ll be no match for it, so follow the way-point that leads inside the building. Take out any enemies on foot that might shoot you in the back as you head in.
5. When you’ve avoided the helicopter, follow your squad down the hallway and up the stairs until you reach a door. Sandman will bust it open with his strong foot. As soon as you enter, you’ll see a part of the building where the ceiling collapsed. Shoot the enemies that are focused on you there.
6. Walk up the rubble and hang a right. You’ll see a downed helicopter. Look down the hall and up a little bit above the helicopter blades, to spot some bad guys. There will also be one across the way on the same level. When they’re gone, hop over the rubble and more enemies will appear down the hallway. Shoot them. If you stick to the right, there’s a bedroom where you can grab some intel. Keep following Sandman through the hallway and down the stairs.
7. When you reach the bottom, you’ll be given a lesson in throwing a 9-Banger. Press “Q” when the door slowly opens and disorient the crap out of those two enemies, who are now even more prime targets. Now go through the door and up the stairs as you keep following Sandman. You’ll then head through a door and be on the second floor with enemies on the bottom floor.
8. Shoot anyone you see on the bottom. Use the 9-Bangers if you wish as well. When the initial group is dead, head down the stairs and more will enter the building. Take cover behind the glass cases, preferably prone, and wipe out the incoming force. You’ll be shown to use the grenade here, so press “G” or the middle mouse button to see if you can get a triple kill. When all is clear, head left on the street. You’ll also see a way-point.
9. To flush out the enemies hiding behind cover, you’re given the use of the XM25, which is pretty much a grenade launcher. You don’t get too much ammo, so try to get enemies when they show up in groups as you keep moving forward. You’ll eventually see the target building you have to enter. At the same time on the left hand side you’ll also see a machine gunner. Take this guy out and thin out the rest as you head inside.
10. Inside, you’ll find an ammo refill station. Use it to replenish guns, then follow your team as you head up the escalator. Upon reaching the top, you’ll be fired on to your left and be treated to a nice aural melody. Take cover here and use the kiosks to navigate your way through, while killing any enemies you see. Keep heading for the way-point.
11. When you reach it, run up the stairs with your team. When you get half-way up, a group of enemies will ambush you on the balcony. Take these guys out quickly, then keep going up. When you reach the ladder, climb it, and immediately engage any enemies that run down the stairs. Climb up the stairs and shoot any enemies you see. Push forward, take cover, and wait until all enemies on the rooftop are gone.
12. Run up to the jammer and place thermite on it, by pressing and holding “F”. Now clear the blast radius and use “LMB” to blow it. Hang out a little bit as you wait for exfil. When this happens, two groups of enemies will be firing on you from a building across the way. Luckily, you can fire missiles on them with the Predator. Take cover where it’s safe, go prone, and press “4″ to activate it. Now press “LMB” to fire off a rocket. Use the mouse to guide the missile toward your enemies.
13. As you kill the first group of rooftop RPGers, a helicopter will fly in. Use the Predator once again and guide the missile to the, soon to be flaming pile of wreckage. The helicopter for exfil will appear. Run to it and take a ride. You’ll also be manning the gun.
14. Shoot the enemies on the rooftops. When the helicopter moves around the buildings, you’ll be ambushed by enemy helicopters. Give them everything you got until they go down. The helicopter will then fly around a building under construction. An enemy helicopter will ascend quickly and it becomes a chase as you try to take out the heli through the building and eventually above.
15. The enemy heli will hit the heli you’re riding on, and explode on the building under construction. Watch the rest of the explosive action as we head to the next mission.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page