Company of Heroes 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 2: Scorched Earth
- Use your mini-map and the on-screen arrows to locate the nearest group of enemies that represent the front-line and send a Fresh Conscript Squad to this area, then merge this unit with the soldiers already fighting and watch them start to prevent the Germans from advancing.
- As your numbers on the front line are gradually thinned, activated the Mobilize ability to send in additional conscript squadrons and replenish your defenses to make sure the Shock Troops are well protected.
- Activate the Oorah ability to strengthen your forces and continue fighting off the approaching Germans until they eventually retreat, then select the troops on the uppermost front line and have them fall back to the indicated supply trucks.
- Use the wall in the upper left corner of the supply truck area as cover and select the troops on the other front line to have them protect the other piece of land within the blue circle, then continue defending the indicated vehicles until they are able to depart.
- Select the Engineers that arrive on the scene and have them approach each of the supply trucks left behind to wire the vehicles with explosives, then keep your Shock and Conscript troops within the two blue circled areas to provide protection during this process.
- Since the areas under attack are out in the open, be sure to place your troops behind as much cover as possible during the invasion and use smoke grenades to disrupt the accuracy of enemy gunfire.
- Allow the engineers to place charges on the trucks and the Howitzers, then detonate the explosives to complete the current objective and continue defending the area until the enemy vehicles arrive on the scene.
- After the hidden explosives have been triggered by the ally commander, send your troops back towards the indicated train station to equip them with flamethrowers and target the houses beneath the on-screen arrows to have them burned to the ground.
- Send your remaining troops towards the Germans that attack the flamethrowers and defend the engineers in this way until all four indicated houses have been completely torched, then use the next pair of arrow icons that appear to locate the fields that need to be torched and put a few squadrons behind cover near the frontline as a means of further protection.
- Once the fields have been burned, send your engineers towards the arrow icons that appear on the surrounding roads and have them place multiple mines in these areas to protect from enemy vehicles.
- Continue placing mines on the roads leading to the areas encircled in blue and put your regular combat soldiers behind cover within each of these clearings to further strengthen defenses, then reenforce these squadrons and replenish supplies using the dropped ammo boxes you find along the battlefield.
- Continue rigging the roads with explosives and placing troops into cover behind the large walls of sandbags at the center of the train yard, then repeat this means of defense preparation until the German invasion begins.
- Send the majority of your troops and mines to the road to the south that runs along the train tracks and the uppermost available road to the north, then watch as the the initial wave of Germans is mowed down and quickly heal whichever soldiers need it.
- Use your mini-map to locate the enemy squadrons that arrive from different directions on the battlefield and quickly move troops to these areas if you haven’t already done so.
- Place the mines in a straight line across the width of the two dirt roads so that there are no gaps for the enemy vehicles to drive through.
- Toss smoke grenades as often as possible to cut down on your enemies’ line of sight and reenforce the squadrons in cover by the roads to keep their numbers thick.
- The majority of German soldiers will approach from the northwest side of the battlefield, so make this area the focal point of your protection and heal the soldiers protecting the roads there more than the others.
- Keep your troops behind cover at the two dirt roads described above and cover these access points with as many mines as possible, then replenish these resources often to continue defending the train yard until the enemy tanks arrive.
- Locate the bridge at the river in the southeast section of your map and have all of the available troops fall back to this area to complete the mission.