Company of Heroes 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 3: Support is on the Way
- Following the opening cut scene, use the three on-screen arrow icons to locate the areas in need of defense and watch the mini-map to know which one comes under attack first.
- Add troops to the area that’s come under fire and watch as the first enemy wave is defeated, then continue using the mini-map to anticipate hostile invasions and place conscript squads across the indicated locations to better defend them.
- Man the indicated mounted machine guns to mow down the approaching enemy troops with more ease, then split your troops between the outer walls of each area and barricades at their centers for maximum protection.
- Toss grenades to quickly eliminate the flamethrower enemies that approach from the western road and collect this weapon to eliminate the next oncoming wave of hostiles, then continue defending all three areas until the Frontoviki conscript squads become available.
- Place the Frontoviki squads along the outermost walls of the three indicated areas and upgrade the submachine guns in your arsenal to increase their short-range combat effectiveness, then continue replenishing the troops at the territories that need it most and use Molotov cocktails to break up the larger of the enemy squadrons.
- Continue defending the map until the German tanks arrive, then order your remaining troops to fall back to the village towards the southeast and defend the three territories indicated by the blue dots on the mini-map.
- Locate the three indicated territories within the village that you must defend and deploy combat engineers to place mines in the roads that lead into them, then direct conscript squads to take cover behind the barricades within each of these areas and commandeer the field gun in the eastern area.
- Upgrade your engineers to equip them with flamethrowers and continue replenishing or adding troops to each of the three territories, then plant demolition charges on the eastern pathway that crosses the frozen river and point the remaining field guns to the north.
- Watch as your troops fend off the initial waves of approaching German soldiers and replace mines that have been triggered whenever the coast is momentarily cleared, then place a few flamethrowers and rifle squadrons within the houses that surround the indicated areas.
- Continue defending the area until the tanks arrive, then wait for the closest one to approach the frozen river and toss a grenade to break the ice beneath the enemy vehicle.
- If an enemy tank manages to successfully cross the frozen river, turn your field gun on the vehicle until it eventually explodes.
- Place a series of Frontovik squads on the front lines to strengthen your defenses and continue protecting the territories until the enemy artillery begins bombing the area, then place mines across the frozen river to hold off the next wave of approaching hostiles and focus the field guns fire on the closest available vehicles.
- Keep your field guns positioned outside the blue circles, so that enemies are less inclined to attack these valuable pieces of weaponry.
- Replenish your troops as often as needed and continue pointing your field guns towards any approaching enemy vehicles to effectively defend the territories, then watch the battle play out until the current objective is completed.
- Have your troops fall back to the indicated Headquarters area to activate a short cut scene, then send the squadrons of soldiers and tanks after the enemies in the north to drive them off the battlefield.
- Use the dirt roads to safely cross back over the frozen river and target the German Howitzer’s with your vehicles to destroy them, then finish clearing the remaining enemy tanks from battlefield in this manner to reclaim the indicated territories and complete the mission.