Computer Case Mod Contest Returns at QuakeCon 2014
If there’s one traditional event that happens at QuakeCon it’s those gamers who bring their own PCs to the event, showing them off like tricked out cars at an auto-expo. It’s amazing to see the variety and scope that people put into making these cases works of art.
Of course, winning some sweet prize money for having the best looking case at the show is also a good motivation. This year, Modders-Inc is returning to QuakeCon offering their Computer Case Mod Contest.
There will be three types of categories that the case mods will fall under.
Case Mod Classic: class consists of any mod that is built from an existing retail or factory PC Case.
Scratch-Build Mod: consists of any mod built from anything other than a PC Case.
id/Bethesda Themed Mod: consists of any mod themed on id Software/Bethesda or any their games.
As with any contest, there are rules to follow. If you plan on entering your case in the contes, be sure you read them all:
- Participants may enter their case mod in only one of three Contest Categories
- Only one entry per person or team.
- Entrant(s) must be the owner(s) of the case mod.
- Any past top three (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and CPU magazine “Mad Reader Mod”-winning case mod is not eligible to compete in any class. Past winning Modders themselves are eligible to build a new computer and to compete in any class.
- Contest is open to all QuakeCon BYOC Attendees ages 18 & up. You MUST have a seat in the BYOC area to compete in the contest.
- All official Modders-Inc.com staff members and their families are NOT eligible to enter the contest.
- Just come by our booth, grab an entry form, fill it and you are entered!
- Prizes: All placing winners will receive a prize package. The level of prize packages are determined on what kind of sponsorship we can generate.
This year we’ll be there with cameras at the ready, taking pictures and video of the many, many case mods that will be shown off at this event. Expect a big-ass gallery of them after the shows over. If you’re looking forward to following news and events from QuakeCon this year, it starts next Thursday (July 17th) and ends on Sunday (July 20th). All times related to scheduled events will be central time (CST).