Crusader Kings II Patch 1.05 Now Available!
Crusader Kings II is a glorious game, suffusing historical strategy with exhaustive detail without ever burying the fun (see the Game Front review). Today, Paradox Interactive released a new patch for the game, which, in addition to correcting bugs, offers these enticing, useful features:
• New Crusade System – The Pope declares the war and other rulers can join the attacking alliance with the ruler contributing the most gaining the targeted kingdom.
• Coalition Armies – Armies can now be ‘attached’ to each other after which they will follow the lead army.
EVENTS & PLOTS
• Two New Plots – Plot to revoke your vassal’s title, plot to cut a more powerful fellow vassal down to size.
• More than 100 new events (Friendship & Rivalries, Regencies and others).
• Six New Kingdoms – Added the kingdoms of Frisia, Lotharingia, Bavaria, Pomerania, Aquitaine and Brittany.
GAMEPLAY & FLAVOR
• New diplomatic options – offer to Join War, Matrilineal Betrothal).
• Causes of Death – See what characters have died of to determine whether they were murdered or not.
• War Contribution Score – Participants in wars now get a contribution score which determines how much prestige and piety they get when the war ends.
• Culture uncoupled from ethnicity.
New random events are particularly welcome (you can never have too many!), and I look forwarding to putting some over-ambitious vassals in their place. Full patch notes are available on the official forums at this location; hit the button below to download Patch 1.05.