Crusader Kings II: The Republic Expansion Announced
Paradox has announced Crusader Kings II: The Republic, the third expansion for the RPG/Strategy title.
The Republic will allow players to experience a new style of gameplay by taking on the role of the head of a Patrician family in one of the great Merchant Republics. You’ll get to take control of the seas to expand and defend your trading empire, survive feuds with rival families and plot to seize their Trade Posts.
Main features, from the press release:
- Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great merchant republics of Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League or Gotland.
- As the head of a Patrician family, you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
- Build Trade Posts and expand your mercantile empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe… and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
- Improve your trade posts and your prestigious family palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and prestige by investing money in your campaign fund.
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize trade posts from your rivals; new plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
- New Republican skin for the interface.
- Unique clothes and ship models for Republics.
Crusader Kings II: The Republic expansion will release in Q1 2013 on all major digital download portals for $9.99.