Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special Headed to Xbox Live Arcade Next Week (Update)
Update: Microsoft has let us know that both Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special will cost 400 Microsoft Points.
Original Story: We’ve found out the lineup for next week’s Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday unusually early, but hey, we’re not complaining. Cyberball 2072, an old Midway arcade title, and Fatal Fury Special, an adaptation of the 1993 SNK fighter will be added to the XBLA library next Wednesday, September 5. As of this writing, prices haven’t been revealed but presumably both titles will cost 400 Microsoft Points – the story will be updated once we get an official answer.
Check after the break for all the details on both games.
From the official game pages:
Touchdown! Rediscover the arcade classic game Cyberball 2072™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. Take control of your robotic team, and call the plays to move your downfield for a touchdown. But watch out. The ball gets hot if you don’t keep moving. Keep your eye on the ball to make sure it doesn’t go critical before you can score.
- Play selection: Call more than 100 plays for your robotic team.
- Beat the Coach: The Beat the Coach mode enables you to go up against the A.I., simulating a live opponent.
- Challenge Mode: The special Challenge Mode tests your ability to make the play under pressure.
- Improve your team: Build up your win record, and buy upgraded robots to improve your roster.
- Futuristic football action: Fast football action with robots. The ball gets hotter with each play and can only be reset by moving past the 50-yard line or scoring a touchdown. Keep your eye on the ball!
Fatal Fury Special
The grandmother of all fighting games is here, with FATAL FURY SPECIAL™, a unique adaptation of the original 1993 arcade smash Garou Densetsu Special. Experience all the great fighting game action, with added network play and high-definition display, now available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. Fifteen fighters (plus a special guest), gather for the match of the millennium. Can you beat them all?
- Fifteen (plus one) unique characters: All your favorite characters are here, including Terry Bogard, Billy Kane, Wolfgang Krauser, and a special hidden character.
- Classic fighting arcade action updated: The classic game has all the original features of the arcade smash, but has been updated for high-definition displays.
- Twelve unique achievements: Twelve new achievements, ranging from easy such as beating a fighter without sustaining any damage, to difficult, such as taking 10 straight wins on Xbox LIVE, are presented for you to master.
- Four leaderboards: Four ways to track your overall performance in the game.