Dark Souls 2: Sunken King DLC – Weapons Locations Guide
Upgrade your Dark Souls 2 arsenal with these seven new weapons included with “Crown of the Sunken King” with a little help from us.
The first DLC episode brings some unique tools to the plate, including two new boss weapons craftable with Weaponsmith Ornifex. The Puzzling Stone Sword is one of the most unique — a sword that also splits apart like a whip. Check out how to find that and more with the complete guide below.
Watch as we explore the new Dark Souls 2 DLC with the Crown of the Sunken King walkthrough with Mitch.
Crush the denizens of Drangleic with some extra special help on our Dark Souls 2 cheats compendium with links to every guide, locations list or farming tip on GameFront.
Weapons Locations Guide
The “Crown of the Sunken King” DLC includes 7 all new weapons. See where to find them all in the locations guide below.
- Puzzling Stone Sword
- Enter the Dragon’s Sanctum and go down the steps to the dirt-covered floor room with the circular door. Once the door is open you’ll be able to enter a narrow series of corridors. Continue down and jump over the missing section of steps to reach a locked room with two long slots flanking the door. Shoot arrows at the switches through the square holes.
- There’s one to the left of the door, and one high at the end of the hallway. From there, you can fight the Knights and dash down the stairs with the spike trap to find three chests. The Puzzling Stone Sword is located in the iron chest.
- Drakeblood Greatsword
- Fight down to the lower levels of the Dragon Sanctum to reach the large water-filled cavern patrolled by the massive-mouthed two-legged lizard monsters. Work around to the left of the entrance into the area to reach a sandy beach.
- Skip past the stairs and enter the open doorway ahead. Go through the next door and follow the cave path to a dead end with a corpse carrying the sword.
- Wrathful Axe
- This special Axe is forged by trading the Soul of Elana, Squalid Queen to Ornifex in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. She is located near the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire after freeing her from the locked room in the Shaded Woods.
- Sanctum Mace
- The mace is a random drop from Sanctum Soldiers in Shulva – Sanctum City. Three of them can be easily killed / respawned near the Sanctum Walk bonfire. Hit the switch to raise the platform where the soldiers are standing down the hill to weaken them. Finish them off, then rest at the bonfire. Repeat to eventually get their mace.
- Yorgh’s Spear
- A powerful spear created by trading Soul of Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon to Ornifex in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. She is located near the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire after freeing her from the locked room in the Shaded Woods.
- Sanctum Repeating Crossbow
- This unique crossbow can fire three bolts at once, or a full barrage. Only dropped by invisible Sanctum Knights in the Dragon Sanctum dungeon. Smash the glowing statues to make these enemies appear, then defeat them. Randomly they will drop the Repeating Crossbow or the regular crossbow.
- Sanctum Crossbow
- Like the Repeating Crossbow, this regular Crossbow is only dropped by the invisible Sanctum Knights in the Dragon Sanctum. Destroy the red statues to make the enemies appear, then kill for for a chance to spawn a Sanctum Crossbow or a Sanctum Repeating Crossbow.
More Dark Souls 2 item locations, secret tips, and strategy guides.
Dark Souls 2: Estus Flask Shards Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Sublime Bone Dust Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Navlaan’s Quest – No Kills Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Respec – Soul Vessels Item Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Change Your Gender W/ the Tutorial Coffin
Dark Souls 2: Bonfire Ascetics – Uses & Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Fight the Secret Darklurker Optional Boss
Dark Souls 2: Secret Dragon Memory Location
Dark Souls 2: Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open Forgotten Doors & Find Havel’s Armor
Dark Souls 2: How to Get Down the Pit in Majula
Dark Souls 2: How to Join Every Covenant – Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula