Dark Souls 2: Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
Find hidden treasures and progress further in Dark Souls 2 with our rare Fragrant Branches of Yore locations guide.
These valuable items can cure NPCs (or yourself) from petrification. Most of these unfortunate souls provide useful bonuses, unlock special stores, or lead to unique items. Check out the locations below and see where to use (and how to find) this hot commodity.
Bosses giving you trouble? Check out our Dark Souls 2 video walkthrough for notes on every titanic monster. If it’s secrets you’re after, browse our list of Dark Souls 2 cheats to find location guides, unlockables, exploits, and anything else special for From Software’s sequel.
Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
This rare item can cure petrified NPCs or enemies, freeing them of their curse. They are exceedingly rare, and at least one is required to complete the game.
Below, you’ll find where to obtain Fragrant Branches of Yore, and where to use them.
Fragrant Branch of Yore – Item Locations
Found more Branches of Yore that we missed? Let us know in the comments!
- Shaded Woods #1: Unpetrify the tribal blocking the door inside the ruins, near the path to Scorpioness Najka to optain another branch with the Lion Mage armor set.
- Shaded Woods #2: Talk to Manscorpion Tark with the Ring of Whispers equipped after defeating Scorpioness Najka to earn one, along with a Second Dragon Ring.
- The Gutter #1: Found before reaching the first bonfire in the Black Gulch.
- The Black Gulch #1: Located in a treasure chest past two Giants. Drop down the platforms near the hidden room bonfire and enter the treasure room at the back of the cave.
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora #1: Found in the library after defeating the Duke’s Dear Freja.
- Iron Keep #1: Available for sale at Magerold of Lanafir’s shop for 7500 souls.
- Sinner’s Rise #1: Located in a chest after defeating the Lost Sinner.
- Harvest Valley #1: Before reaching the Mines bonfire, look in a cave to the right after exiting the first poisonous valley.
- Harvest Valley #2: After the Mines bonfire, enter the room with the mass of sickle-wielding opponents, found after knocking down the wooden wall. Look through the doors here to find another branch.
Fragrant Branch of Yore – Use Locations
- Majula (Rosabeth of Melfia – Required): Travel up the shaded path to the ruins to find Rosabeth of Melfia blocking a door switch. Use a branch to free her, so you can activate the switch leading into the Shaded Woods. She is a merchant that sells Pyromancy spells and items.
- The Lost Bastille (Straid of Olaphis): Before going to Sinner’s Rise, travel to the top of the tower filled with exploding hollows. Blocking a bonfire in one of the cells, you’ll find the petrified Straid of Olaphis. Free him to trade boss souls for powerful unique items.
- The Shaded Woods (Weaponsmith Ornifex): There are 3 frozen enemies. The first is on a ledge near the entrance bonfire. Unfreeze and kill him to open the Fang Key, opening the door in the cave below where you’ll find Weaponsmith Ornifex. Talk to her and she’ll return to her home in Brightstone Cove, where she will trade unique items for powerful souls.
- The Shaded Woods (Manscorpion Tark): Another frozen enemy blacks the ground path to Manscorpion Tark. This strange NPC will only talk if you have the Ring of Whispers equipped, which can be purchased from the cat merchant in Majula. He will reward you with the Second Dragon Ring after defeating Scorpioness Najka.
- The Shaded Woods (Lion Mage): The third frozen tribal enemy blocks the way into a ruined building on the path to the Scorpioness boss arena. There is another Fragrant Branch of Yore and the Lion Mage armor set located within.
Additional Help: [Name*], [Ash]