Dark Souls 2: How to Change Your Gender w/ the Tutorial Coffin
Aren’t quite happy with your gender in Dark Souls 2? There’s a way to change that with a mysterious coffin that appears in the very first area of the game.
Most explorers won’t be able to reach the ogre infested beach, but if you’re looking to make a big change to your in-game avatar, it’s the only option available. Take a dive and learn all about the tutorial coffin’s gender-swapping abilities with the info below.
Can’t beat every titanic boss? Browse through the Dark Souls 2 Boss strategy guide to find tips on each battle. Or, if you’re curious to discover the hidden secrets of From’s next punishing game world, scroll through our list of Dark Souls 2 cheats for secret locations, item drop info, and more.
How to Change Your Gender w/ the Tutorial Coffin
Location: Things Betwixt – Tutorial Area
- After leaving the Firekeepers’ hut and entering the tutorial area, you might notice a beach populated with chubby ogres on the left path.
- Complete the left tutorial to push down a tree and quickly return to the lower beach later in the game. Those ogres are tough — use ranged spells or a bow to take care of them. They can’t follow you across the tree-turned-bridge.
- Clear out both ogres, and you can discover an open coffin. Use it to climb inside and something strange will happen.
- What does the coffin do? It switches your undead champion’s gender. Each time you climb inside, you’ll switch from female-to-male, or male-to-female respectively.
- There’s no limit to how often you can switch genders. If you’re like us, we didn’t even notice the switch until much later in the game.
More Dark Souls 2 item locations, secrets, and extras.
Dark Souls 2: How to Fight the Secret Darklurker Optional Boss
Dark Souls 2: Secret Dragon Memory Location
Dark Souls 2: Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open Forgotten Doors & Find Havel’s Armor
Dark Souls 2: How to Get Down the Pit in Majula
Dark Souls 2: How to Join Every Covenant – Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula