Dark Souls 2: How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula
Get an early upgrade to your Estus Flask and open doors to one of the first mysterious locations of Dark Souls 2 with the guide below. We’ll show you how to locate the key to the locked mansion in Majula step-by-step. See what secrets are contained within and get your undead journey started right.
For more tips and tricks, check out our Dark Souls 2 boss strategies guide and learn how to take down every titanic opponent. If you’re looking for more hidden secrets across the cursed continent, browse our list of Dark Souls 2 cheats to find in-depth guides, extras, unlockables and exploits.
How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula
- Near the armor shop, in the back corner of Majula town, curious adventurers will find a locked door to a two-story mansion. The front door is locked.
- To get the key, travel to the Forest of the Fallen Giants. The path is located near the bonfire, on a road leading down next to the cliffs.
- Fight to the Cardinal Tower bonfire, then move down the ladder. There are two enemies near the arched bridge. Get rid of them and enter the door on the left. Step through the white mist to enter a near, complicated area.
- Walk up the sloping tree, then drop down onto the ruined rooftop to your right. From the rooftop, leap over to the scaffolding and enter the cave.
- Wait near the entrance until a large boulder rolls by, then move up the passage to your left to find a strange man. This is the cartographer.
- Talk to the cartographer multiple times until he gives away the key. Voila, now you can open the mansion door in Majula.
- Inside the deep basement of the mansion, you’ll find a map of the continent. Continue down the steps into a small ruin to find two rare items; a Soul Vessel in a treasure chest, and an Estus Flask upgrade on a dead body.