Dark Souls 2: Old Iron King DLC – Spells Locations Guide
Bring on the fire with these new Pyromancies and Hexes found in Dark Souls 2′s second DLC expansion, Crown of the Old Iron King. The treacherous Brume Tower is full of unique items to uncover, and that includes the four spells listed below. These powerful upgrades will make any Pyromancer’s day. Check out how to find them and what they do in the list right here, just keep scrolling.
For more detailed help getting through the latest DLC to Dark Souls 2, be sure to watch our Crown of the Old Iron King video walkthrough series. Or browse our list of Dark Souls 2 cheats for item locations and extras of all kinds.
Spells Locations Guide
There are four new spells located in the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC. See where to find them, and what they do in the entries below.
All four spells are located in the Brume Tower area.
- Effect: Launches a volley of several tracking dark energy orbs.
- Location: From the Foyer Bonfire, travel down the side-halls and down the ladder into the dungeon area full of spiked-walls. Open the door with the switch at the end of this area to reach a chain leading to a separate tower full of crawling leg-less bodies. Fight through the hallway and climb down the ladder to enter a chamber with doors. Inside one of the closed doors you’ll a body with the spell.
- Effect: Upgraded version of Firestorm, summons tall pillars of dark flame around a target.
- Location: Acquired by trading the soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash to Straid of Olaphis. To complete the soul, you must find all 12 fragments. Learn where to find them on the Dark Souls 2: Nadalia Soul Completion Guide.
- Dance of Fire
- Effect: Sprays fire in a wide arc in front of the caster.
- Location: Past the Throne Room bonfire, take the ladders down into an enclosed room with skeletal soldiers and a bed of ash covering the floor. There’s an idol here, too. Enter the room in the back right corner of the chamber to find a chest with the spell inside.
- Fire Snake
- Effect: Creates large pillars of fire in front of the caster. Similar to the pillars of fire summoned from Ashen Idols.
- Location: Start from the Foyer bonfire and open the locked door opposite the Scorched Scepter switch that activates the lifts. The Tower Key is located on the ash-covered cliffs guarded by headless giants. There’s a metal chest behind the cursed Ashen Idol.
More Dark Souls 2 item locations, secret tips, and strategy guides.
Dark Souls 2: Estus Flask Shards Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Sublime Bone Dust Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Navlaan’s Quest – No Kills Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Respec – Soul Vessels Item Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Change Your Gender W/ the Tutorial Coffin
Dark Souls 2: Bonfire Ascetics – Uses & Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Fight the Secret Darklurker Optional Boss
Dark Souls 2: Secret Dragon Memory Location
Dark Souls 2: Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open Forgotten Doors & Find Havel’s Armor
Dark Souls 2: How to Get Down the Pit in Majula
Dark Souls 2: How to Join Every Covenant – Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula