Dark Souls 2: Old Iron King – How to Complete the Soul of Nadalia
Crown of the Old Iron King is punishingly difficult, thanks in part to the inclusion of enemy-buffing magic idols. These idols aren’t just annoying, they also contain fragments to a powerful soul.
One fragment can’t be used. The Soul of Nadalia, Maiden of Ash only works once all 12 pieces are put together. Get the true soul with the locations, tips, and instructions listed in our how-to guide for the second DLC to Dark Souls 2.
Get more help exploring Brume Tower with Mitch as he leads prospective adventurers in his Crown of the Old Iron King DLC video walkthrough. If you’re looking for more hidden secrets, be sure to check out the Dark Souls 2 cheats list, where we keep a running tally of extra articles revealing the inner workings of From Software’s sequel.
How to Complete the Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash
Work-In-Progress: Check back later for new updates.
The Soul of Nadalia, Bride of Ash is a special soul that requires 12 fragments to complete. Before all 12 fragments are collected, this soul cannot be consumed or traded for crafting powerful items.
Most of the soul fragments can be found in the remains of Ashen Idols. To destroy them, you’ll need to have a Smelter Wedge selected in the item slot when interacting. Find every one of these rare items with our Smelter Wedges Locations Guide.
Soul of Nadalia Fragment Locations
- Soul of Nadalia #1 – Ashen Idol: The first Ashen Idol appears after the Throne Room bonfire, inside the eponymous throne room itself.
- Soul of Nadalia #2 – Ashen Idol: Climbing down the ladder into a room full of ash and several enemies, the Ashen Idol sits in the center of the chamber. Try to lure the enemies away before destroying it.
- Soul of Nadalia #3 – Ashen Idol: Further down the tower, you’ll reach a room below the chutes full of more enemies, a huge headless creature with a club, and a door that requires a switch to open. The idol is in the back corner.
- Soul of Nadalia #4 – Ashen Idol: Go to the exterior tower from the Foyer Bonfire to find a huge chain leading to an optional exterior tower. At the top, Maldron the Assassin will invade. Once he takes too much damage, he retreats below. The idol here produces a curse effect in the lower tower.
- Soul of Nadalia #5 – Ashen Idol: After acquiring the Tower Key, take the two elevators up from the Foyer bonfire to reach a round room with armor. There’s another idol near this location, next to the Smelter Throne bonfire.
- Soul of Nadalia #6 – Ashen Idol: Once the lifts are activated inside Brume Tower, return to the Upper Floor bonfire and ride the elevator up to a room with a large enemy. Look behind each of the doors here to find the idol.
- Soul of Nadalia #7 – Ashen Idol: Near the Foyer Bonfire, there’s a locked door opposite to the Scorched Scepter switch. Open the door with the Tower Key to access another Ashen Idol.
- Soul of Nadalia #8-#11 – Ashen Idol: Four Ashen Idols are found in the corners of the Fume Knight’s arena.
- Soul of Nadalia #12 – Fume Knight Drop: The 12th Soul of Nadalia fragment is dropped after defeating the Fume Knight in the lowest section of Brume Tower.
More Dark Souls 2 item locations, secret tips, and strategy guides.
Dark Souls 2: Estus Flask Shards Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Sublime Bone Dust Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: Navlaan’s Quest – No Kills Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Respec – Soul Vessels Item Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Change Your Gender W/ the Tutorial Coffin
Dark Souls 2: Bonfire Ascetics – Uses & Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Fight the Secret Darklurker Optional Boss
Dark Souls 2: Secret Dragon Memory Location
Dark Souls 2: Fragrant Branch of Yore Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open Forgotten Doors & Find Havel’s Armor
Dark Souls 2: How to Get Down the Pit in Majula
Dark Souls 2: How to Join Every Covenant – Locations Guide
Dark Souls 2: How to Open the Mansion Door in Majula