Dark Souls 2: Secret Dragon Memory Location
Beware of late-game Dark Souls 2 spoilers here, because we have to talk about memories.
After acquiring the Ashen Mist Heart, players have one last stop to make before completing the game. But, there’s another not-so-obvious location to use this key. Want to know where to go? Check out the guide below and earn another powerful soul in the process.
Bosses giving you trouble? Check out our Dark Souls 2 video walkthrough for notes on every titanic monster. If it’s secrets you’re after, browse our list of Dark Souls 2 cheats to find location guides, unlockables, exploits, and anything else special for From Software’s sequel.
Secret Dragon Memory Location
How to Use the Ashen Mist Heart:
- Later in the campaign, you’ll have to travel to the Dragon Shrine to collect the Ashen Mist Heart from the Ancient Dragon.
- The Ashen Mist Heart allows you to travel into the dark memories of the past. Most importantly, you can use the key on hollowed giants in the Forest of Fallen Giants.
- To proceed, you’ll have to fight the Giant Lord by entering one of these memories. But, there’s another place the Ashen Mist Heart can be used.
Where to Find the Secret Dragon Memory:
- Once you have the Ashen Mist Heart, travel to the Duke’s Dear Freja arena. A new crystal will appear under the hollowed dragon. Interact with it to enter the Dragon Memory.
- This barren wasteland resembles the dragon battleground described in Dark Souls 1. Interact with the ancient dragon’s corpse ahead to gain an Ancient Dragon Soul.