Dark Souls Accessing the Painted World of Ariamis
Dark Souls is full of secrets, that much is clear, but what isn’t clear is how to access some of the hidden areas. It’s hard enough just surviving, but discovering the special items you need to access this ghostly optional can be a real nightmare. Keep scrolling to find a vast new area that’s definately worth exploring. If you need help making your way through hellish gameplay of Dark Souls, check out our video and text walkthrough, and we all know you need the help. For more extra content or special articles we provide, check out the cheats page where everything unique is collected.
The Painted World of Ariamis
- To enter the Painted World of Ariamis, you’ll first need to reach the enormous painting on the ground floor of the giant cathedral in Anor Londo. Getting here is trouble enough, as you’ll have to deal with a large group of Painting Guardians.
- Examining the painting will have no result without a very unique item. Before reaching Anor Londo, you’ll need to return to the Undead Asylum — where you first started Dark Souls.
- Getting back to the Undead Asylum isn’t easy, and it is changed since your original escape. To get to the Undead Asylum, you’ll need to access the elevator shortcut between the Firelink Shrine and the Undead Parish. While riding the elevator up from the Shrine to the Parish, there is an open view you can step forward into, reaching a high area not normally reached in the Shrine.
- From this high point in the Shrine, follow the cliff right to a spot of green grass. Look for a pillar that you can drop from this green spot onto, then climb that pillar to the tower. Follow the steps up until you reach a bird’s nest. At the bird’s nest, you’ll be prompted to rest inside. Do it, rest! Wait for about thirty seconds.
- After waiting, the giant crow will take you back to the Undead Asylum. Take some time to explore here, and be very wary of the stone floor where you fought the Asylum Demon — unless you’re ready for a difficult optional boss.
- In the Undead Asylum, your goal is to return to the cell you started Dark Souls in. There, you’ll find a special item, the Strange Doll. Pick it up and take it with you to Anor Londo, and to the giant cathedral.
- Now that the Strange Doll is in your inventory, you can examine the painting. This time, you’ll be sucked inside. Be prepared, because once you go inside, you won’t be able to leave until the end. This place is full of toxic spewing zombies and other undead atrocities that make your life very difficult. Take the time to explore though, and you’ll be richly rewarded.