Dark Souls Blacksmith Guide
For more Dark Souls cheats, easter eggs, secrets and video guides, check out the walkthrough app brought to you by Game Front.
For a game called Dark Souls, souls are apparently pretty important to the world economy. You’re just going to lose those souls with all your constant dying, so you might as well stop by a blacksmith and spend those souls. Here, you’ll learn where to find all the blacksmiths in Dark Souls, where to find them, and what embers to give them. Improving your equipment is tantamount to victory in the dreary world of Dark Souls, so never ignore these handy and helpful workers. For help surviving your way to these blacksmiths, check out Game Front’s huge walkthrough. If you’re looking for more extra coverage for Dark Souls, check out the cheats page.
(Additional details added. Thanks to Moe for the tips!)
Rickert of Vinheim
Location: Find Rickert in a cell, in the New Londo Ruins. You can find him down the path from the elevator shortcut between the New Londo Ruins and the Firelink Shrine. Look along the cliff face to spot him sitting in a barred cell.
- Large Magic Ember (Magic Ascension) – The Duke’s Archives
- Enchanted Ember (Enchanted Ascension) – Darkroot Garden
- Heavy Soul Arrow – 4000 souls
- Soul Arrow – 4000 souls
- Sorcerer’s Catalyst – 500 souls
Andre of Astora
Location: Find Andre near the exit of the Undead Parish, in the tower leading into both Sen’s Fortress and into the Darkroot Garden. You’ll find him down the steps from the bonfire.
- Large Ember (Normal Equipment +10) – Found in Depths
- Very Large Ember (Normal Equipment +15) – Found in New Londo Ruins
- Divine Ember (Divine Ascension) – Found in Darkroot Garden
- Large Divine Ember (Divine Ascension) – Found in Tomb of the Giants
- Dark Ember (Occult Ascension) – Found in Painted World of Ariamis
- Titanite Shard – 800 souls
- Crest of Artorias – 20000 souls
- Weapon Smithbox – 2000 souls
- Armor Smithbox – 2000 souls
- Repairbox – 1000 souls
Location: Find the Giant at the bottom of the castle wing left of the central main hall leading to Smough and Ornstein’s boss door. Head up the stairs, cross into the next building, and run down the stairs to find him. Continue back outside and deal with the demons to unlock a shortcut door.
- Lightning (Lightning Ascension) – Default
- Crystal Ember (Crystal Ascension) – Found in Duke’s Archives
- Giant’s Halberd – 5000 souls
- Giant Shield – 10000 souls
- Moonlight Arrow – 500 souls
- Dragonslayer Arrow – 500 souls
- Lightning Bolt – 700 souls
- Giant Helm – 6000 souls
- Giant Armor – 8000 souls
- Giant Gauntlets – 6000 souls
- Giant Leggings – 6000 souls
Location: This is the trickiest blacksmith to find. In the catacombs you’ll find a spiral staircase leading down into a seemingly bottomless pit. Jump down from ledge to ledge to reach the bottom of the pit and land in a small tomb where Vamos will break open an exit for you.
- Large Flame Ember (Fire Ascension) – Found in the Demon Ruins
- Chaos Flame Ember (Chaos Ascension) – Found in the Demon Ruins