Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Video Walkthrough
- Scarecrows and Stone Giants: Road to the Coliseum
- Knight Artorias
- Father of the Abyss
- Cross the bridge and read the “Be Wary of Hollow” message on the ground.
- Head down the path until you reach Royal Wood and take out the enemies with the pitchforks.
- When you get ambushed by the next wave of pitchfork enemies, be sure to be constantly in motion in order to keep creating space between you and your enemies. If you get cornered, it will be very hard to get away.
- The stone giants you run into in this area are very slow and telegraph their attacks. As with the pitchfork enemies, keep your distance from these guys and use your long range attacks (such as lightning) when you can to avoid getting close to them. Unfortunately if you thought the boss’s attacks were strong, you don’t know the half of it. These guys will destroy you in just a couple of hits if you allow yourself to be attacked.
- Once you are approaching the coliseum, go around the dilapidated stone structure to pick up a Soul of a Proud Knight.
- Go through the opening and get on the moving platform to go up.
- Continue down the path and cross the bridge to talk to the stranger. Enjoy the Heinlein reference. You can buy items from him if you need.
- Go up the sets of stairs to pick up the Guardian Gauntlets, and once you feel like you’re ready, head into the Coliseum for the next boss fight. If you were listening to what the man by the bridge was saying earlier, you’ve probably already guessed who you’ll be fighting.