Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Video Walkthrough
- Scarecrows and Stone Giants: Road to the Coliseum
- Knight Artorias
- Father of the Abyss
- The first thing you need to know about this battle is that Artorias lunges forward at you before using his sword strike. Do NOT miscalculate the distance he can cover with this step. You aren’t really ever out of reach of his sword, so be prepared to do a lot of moving and dodging.
- Once you take away half of this boss’s health, he will start to move much more quickly. Yeah, he’s pissed. Be extra careful here. as he frequently puts his attacks together in combinations.
- When the boss has little health left, he will start slowing down either way. At this point, the battle is yours.
- Light the bonfire in the next area and dispose of the impish new enemies. These guys’ attacks aren’t all that devastating- they’re the first enemies in this DLC where I would recommend aggressively approaching them and using close ranged physical attacks to quickly take them out. No need to keep your distance here.
- Go down the sets of stairs and continue along the path. Cross the bridge (be careful, you will be shot at from the other side) and go down the next hallway.
- Keep following the path further and further down the stairs. You will have a sparse amount of enemies to go through until you come up to a message. “Happiness ahead”. Just past this point, you will be able to step on a floating platform to go down and reach the next area.
- Proceed through the opening and light the bonfire. Take this chance to rest and recover.
- Head up along the ledge and into the next circular area. This place is dark and you will have enemies attacking you. Having the volume up on your T.V. on this part will give you an edge on reacting in time when you do get blindly ambushed.
- Take the next platform down to reach the Chasm of the Abyss.