Dawn of Steel – Steel Legion Mod DC 1.0 Released
By the Dark Gods!
At long last the Steel Legion Mod for Relic’s awesome RTS expansion Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade has been released.
Steel Legion is a built from scratch multi-branched race mod for Dawn of War. This mod will expand upon the seven races included in the Dark Crusade expansion. This fully featured new race is customizable (i.e. paintable) and boasts a dizzying 30+ units and 9 buildings, many of which are upgradable. An extended A.I. has been included so you may play against a non-player driven Steel Legion race (if you so choose).
The Steel Legion team encourages WH40k:DoW – Dark Crusade owners to give this mod a try, especially online with others. You can read a few more details about the mod and its requirements after the break.
Dawn of Steel – Steel Legion Mod DC v1.0
Playing the game – Start up Dark Crusade, Select Steel Legion from the Mod manager.
This is the release version of the mod featuring the Imperial Guard regiment of Armageddon called ‘The Steel Legion’.
- Diverse new race including over 30 units and 9 buildings.
- All units are army paintable.
- Many upgrades for units.
- Most units have a random displayed look.
- New scale for tank units, to be more equal to tabletop.
- Extended AI that let’s you play against steel legion.
New Features specific to DC:
- Pick between 2 unique doctrines Mechanised Infantry and Armoured Company from the HQ building.
- New tanks.
- New upgrades
- New FX, new fixes, Sounds, etc.
- Original Dawn of War : Dark Crusade game made by Relic and distributed by THQ.
- Dark Crusade patch 1.2.
Via RelicNews Forums