Dead Island Blueprint Locations
Find Game Front’s extensive library of Dead Island cheats and guides on our free mobile apps where you’ll find our latest high-quality gaming videos.
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for iOS
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for Android
Get out the duct tape, it’s time to craft up some special tools to deal with your little zombie problem. In Dead Island, like Dead Rising 2 before it, use crafting tables to build unique weapons specially made to help smash and slash the hordes of the undead. Unlike Dead Rising 2, experimentation won’t help you here, instead you’ll need partially hidden blueprints to construct special weapons — kind of like Fallout 3! Enough with the game comparisons, the disciples of Macgyver here at Game Front are here to provide a full list of locations where to find each of the special blueprints.
This list is incomplete! Check back for updates as we discover more.
To find the exact location and drop-off point for every colored Skull, check out our Dead Island Skull Locations guide.
- Developer’s No. 1 Craft – Find and place the Orange Skull.
- Developer’s No. 2 Craft – Find and place the Green Skull.
- Developer’s No. 3 Craft – Find and place the Blue Skull.
- Developer No. 4 Craft “just mindblowinf craft by Simon!” – Find and place the Blue Skull.
- Developer’s 666 Craft – Find and place the Brown Skull.
- Nail’D Mod: Act 1 – Complete “Passport to Life” quest.
- Nuts and Bolts Mod: Act 1 – Complete “Toy Story” quest.
- Ripper Mod: DLC code that comes with new copies of Dead Island.
- Barbed Wire Mod: Act 2 – Found in the supermarket cellars while completing the “Supermarket Journey” quest.
- Glazed Mod: Act 2 – During “Uninvited Guests” quest, find the mod inside Alicia’s room on the second floor of the house.
- Saw Disc Axe Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Second Aid” quest, given by Paul in the Overpass Village.
- Razor Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Little Prince” quest, given by Claire in the Overpass Village.
- Slash Mod:
- Heavy Mod: Act 1 – Complete “Two Hearts” quest.
- Piranha Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Third Head of Cerberus” quest, given by Garett Grant at the radio station.
- Weighted Mod: Act 1 – Listen for radio transmissions about a bunker on the beach to initiate a rescue event. Go to a bunker south of Sinamoi and rescue the survivor. Enter the manhole and search the bunker.
- Shark Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Death Wish” quest, given by Carter in the River Village.
- Torch Mod: Act 1 – Complete “Counsel of Despair” quest.
- Red Hot Blade Mod:
- Phoenix Mod: Act 3 – Found in the boathouse after completing “Soldier of Fortune” quest. Also, in Moresby during “Boat Supplies”, found in Mowen’s shipping container.
- Impact Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Last Chance on the Wall” quest.
- Magic Wand Mod: Act 2 – Found in City Hall, on the Mayor’s desk during your second visit.
- Lightning Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Heroes and Villains” quest.
- Tesla Mod: Act 3 – During “Power Slaves” quest, look near the entrance into the station.
- Toxic Mod: Act 2 – During “Sacred Silence” quest, found on Helen’s desk.
- Paralyzing Strike Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Picture of Bliss” quest.
- Venom Mod: Act 2 – In the Sewers, look in the Workbench after passing through several water chambers.
- Deathstalker Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Substance of Matter” quest, given by Frank at the Lab.
- Shock Mod: Act 1 – Complete “Black Hawk Down” quest.
- High Voltage Mod: Act 2 – During “Drowned Hope” quest, found near a workbench in the Pump Station.
- Old Smoky Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Spy Game” quest, given by Nick in an abandoned house.
- Short-Circuit Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Judgement Day” quest, given by Tim at the Church.
- Pride Shotgun Mod: Act 2 – Found in the armory of the Police Station. It can also be found in the middle of the City Hall inner courtyard, in a wooden cart.
- Pride Gun Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Matter of Justice” quest, talk to Tim in the Church.
- Pride Rifle Mod: Act 3 – Found inside a Jungle Mugger’s Hideout in the mountains.
- Striker Rifle Mod: Act 4 – Complete “Locked Armory” quest, given by Kevin. After completing the mission, the armory door on the second floor will be open, the item is inside.
- Striker Gun Mod: Act 2 – Leaving the market and entering the warehouses, you’ll reach your goal. Instead of completing the mission, look in the back left corner for the blueprint ontop of some crates, near a weapon chest.
- Striker Shotgun Mod: Act 3 – Complete “A Wounded Crank” quest, given by Sam, found in the bunker between the crash site and the River Village. Bring a medkit.
- Detox Gun Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Insect Repellent” quest, given by Dr. Lechance in the Lab.
- Detox Rifle Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Show Must Go On” quest, given by Amanda in the Overpass Village.
- Detox Shotgun Mod: Act 3 – During “Where is My Pineapple”, given by Dr. Nguyen in the Lab. When entering his bungalow, find it on a chair in the living room.
- Shock Gun Mod: Act 2 – Found in the first sewers, in a backroom of the control room.
- Shock Rifle Mod: Act 3 – Complete “Power Slaves” quest, given by Willie in the Jungle Lab.
- Shock Shotgun Mod: Act 3 – During “Boat Supplies” quest, search the abandoned building next to the Gun Store.
- Pistol Ammo: Act 2 – In the Police Station, search the first floor security office. Find it on on the desk, lit up.
- Shotgun Ammo: Act 2 – During “Matter of Justice”, look for a unlocked door on the second floor of the Police Station. Inside the filing room, you’ll see that blueprint on a desk inside.
- Rifle Ammo: Act 3 – Complete “Little Prince” quest.
- Molotov: Act 1 – During “Born to be Wild” quest, found in the Parking Lot.
- Deo-Bomb: Act 1 – Complete “Tell me Where it Hurts” quest.
- Meat Bait: Act 2 – Complete “Drop by Drop” quest.
- Sticky Bomb Mod: Act 2 – Complete “Fortress of God” quest, given to you by Bruno at the Church.
- Sticky Bomb Mod: Act 2 – At the Pump Station, defeat the looters and rescue Antonio.