Dead Island Easy XP Thug Glitch
Zombies cause all sorts of problems. Including, apparently, glitches. Dead Island is chock full of glitches, and it’s time you started using some of these little quirks in programming to serve your own nefarious ends. For those looking for fast XP in a game where everything is slow, follow the method below. It takes time and effort, but you’ll get to level 50 in no time. Go from level 35 to 50 in two hours instead of twenty!
Easy XP Thug Glitch
NOTE: This trick is confirmed to work on X-box 360. Make sure to clear your system cache and play the game offline to avoid the patch. This glitch will work on all UNPATCHED versions of Dead Island.
- This glitch is best used for high level characters trying to get to level 50.
- Bring plenty of brass knuckles. Weaken them down to zero durability, so that your damage output is nill.
- If you use Sam B, use your skill points to unlock the blunt weapon XP bonus skill. You’ll need at least 12 skill points to get the XP bonus.
- Go to Harlan Johnson’s Hut and rescue him from the zombies surrounding his place. Take his quest, “Make Yourself At Home”.
- Climb the boxes on the right side of the hut’s entrance and walk on the fence. Jump into the backyward and enter the hut through the backdoor.
- Break down the outer door and go inside. Open the double doors to find the glitched Thug. He’ll just stand there and let you hit him.
- Don’t kill this thug! Instead, equip a good blunt weapon and break both of his arms. Once his arms are broken, equip your weak brass knuckles.
- Now, punch the broken arms for a large XP bonus. The weak brass knuckles will barely do any damage to the thug, letting you punch away for a very long time before it dies.
- Make sure you’re punching the correct spot to register a hit on the arm. It might take some trial and error. Aim around his should to register hits on the broken arms more often.
- When you kill the thug, DO NOT LEAVE the hut. Instead, open the menu and reload your last checkpoint. Then just enter the hut again and start the process over again.
- This method — breaking a thug’s arms with a good blunt weapon, then punching those broken arms with zero durability brass knuckles — is an easy way to get XP on ANY thug in the game. The thug here is just a lot more tame.