Dead Island Getting a Big Day One Patch
Just in time for Dead Island to become available tomorrow, Techland and Deep Silver are releasing a mess of fixes for the somewhat buggy title.
In my PC review copy of the game, I had some seriously tough bugs to deal with — including a lack of rendering of things like fire, explosions, steam and a certain zombie’s puke — but the day one fix doesn’t seem to address any of those troubles.
It’s a bit of a laundry list of fixes, however. Check out the complete list below. Seems to me that once Techland pushes through more fixes for the game and actually, you know, completes it, Dead Island could be a decent experience. Though it’ll still be a bit boring.
- Fixed maps synchronization when player joined during map load.
- Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in cooperative mode.
- Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
- Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
- Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
- Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining coop game.
- Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
- Fixed potential walkthrough blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heavens door” was completed before
- talking to Dominik during “On the air” quest.
- Fixed displaying gather rings near some door.
- Fixed enemies reaction on fire.
- Fixed enemies health and stamina bars in coop.
- Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
- Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased.
- Fixed many issues causing game instability.
- Fixed switching maps when player died.
- Fixed enemies unable to reach player on some arenas.
- Thrown items cannot be picked up by another players for 5 minutes.
- Items from just opened containers cannot be picked up by another players for 5 seconds.
- Fixed animation glitch when trading (TPP).
- More than one player can use the same ladder simultaneously.
- Fixed stomper interruption when target was hit by another player.
- Fixed infinite spawn of shooting enemies.
- Fixed not hiding menu if die inside vehicle
- Fixed item level calculation when playing second play-through.
- Added information about players requesting pause (COOP)
- Fixed AI animation glitch after fast travel or travel through portal.
- Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other saves.
- Fixed bug causing all inventory to be lost.
- Fixed reloading and kicking. After clip was inserted reload is treated as successful.
- Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”.
- Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree.
- Health regeneration was disabled during grab.
- Focus on items in shops is not changing after operation (sell, buy).
- more HP for all escorted NPCs;
- removed all instances of Butcher during escorts.
- fixed tracking after loading checkpoint (a few more checkpoints were affected);
- increased minimum vertical distance to count a waypoint as passed for NPCs (NPCs should no longer go
back and forth)