Dead Island: Riptide – How to Duplicate Weapons & Items [Glitch]
Like our videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more walkthroughs, cheats and easter eggs.
Duplicating weapons and items returns in Dead Island: Riptide with this simple exploit. Just like the first Dead Island, Riptide is riddled with a few glitches — but some can be fun to play with. By throwing your weapons and unequipping them mid-air, you can quickly amass a small fortune’s worth of gear. Pretty handy when swarms of the undead are trying to eat your brains. See all the steps in our full glitch guide below.
Get off this undead archipelago, check out the Dead Island: Riptide video walkthrough, with step-by-step quest guides and boss strategies. Or, get all the secrets, collectibles, easter eggs and glitches Game Front has to offer on our list of Dead Island: Riptide cheats.
How to Duplicate Weapons & Items [Glitch]
NOTE: These methods are confirmed to work with an UNPATCHED version of Dead Island: Riptide.
1. Clear your inventory. Leave only the weapon you want to duplicate.
2. Equip the weapon you want to duplicate.
3. Prepare to throw the weapon and aim slightly high, then throw.
4. While the weapon is in mid-air, open the Inventory and choose to unequip the weapon you’ve just thrown.
5. Collect the thrown weapon. You’ll see that the weapon you threw, and the weapon you unequipped are both in your inventory.
6. Repeat the process to make as many duplicates as you want.
1. Hit a checkpoint.
2. Drop items that you want to duplicate onto the ground near where the checkpoint triggered.
3. Die. Try to get killed nearby.
4. After dying, you’ll see a respawn counter. Load the checkpoint before the counter finishes.
5. You’ll reappear at the checkpoint. If you dropped any weapons or items on the ground at the checkpoint location, those items be there on the ground. All the items will be in your inventory, too. Pick up the duplicates and you’re done.
More Dead Island: Riptide locations guides, easter eggs, and extras.