Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Hugo at the church wants you to turn on the PA system to get survivors to the church. Rian wants flashlight batteries, which you probably already have. Joseph will send you to lower the river level. If you accept Joseph’s mission you’ll have to escort him immediately.
- For the PA mission, don’t follow the radar, but make for the red flag. The radar’s route is WAY too circuitous. When you get near your target, the radar will take you away from it to climb a pile of steps to get into the compound. Deliver the recording and then start a new mission to activate the PA system. You may have noticed it in town previously. Now you have to climb up to them to turn them on. Simply follow the radar to ladders (you might have to hunt about a bit), and then climb up to the roofs to fix the PA systems. The first PA is guarded by punks with guns, so that means harder battles, but ammo when you win. The second is DOWN a ladder into an alcove, which can be hard to find. The third is on the same set of roofs where you found the second and guarded by a Thug. The fourth one is just off a platform you climb to via ladder, guarded by a Suicider. Yay. You’ll notice some punks nearby when you’re done if you want more ammo.
- When you’re done with that, return to Garrett for a reward and a mission to find more speakers. The first is a bit of a platform challenge. Head up the ladder you come to, go off to the right and look for a series of catwalks to jump to, leading to the next roof over. When you finish, look off the corner of the roof to see a Ram and a car to land on. Drop onto the car, head to the left, then turn into the alley behind the next building for the next ladder. Head to the far side of the roof (east) and head out onto the catwalks to get into the fenced area for the switch. The third one is actually on ground level. Go to the furthest corner on the next building and look for a platform built out from the wall. You’ll move a couple of crates to get under it and find the switch and a cooler. The final switch is on ground level, but when you reach it, it’s too high. Proceed down the alley, climb a pile of boxes, and make your way along the fence to reach the switch. Another platforming style challenge you haven’t faced before. The final way is guarded by Infected and a Thug, so be cautious.
- Will he give you another mission? You bet he will. The first ladder is easy to find, just look for the Thug. The second is across the canal, up the ladder, and guarded by gun toting punks. The third and blessedly final one is straight south down the canal and you’ll run right into the ladder. Much simpler than the last two missions. Now it’s a long, rugged walk back to Garrett, who will send you back to the church.
- Now we’re going to help Joseph and guard him on the way to the sewers. There are no easy ways to do this. When you see red skulls on the radar, you must defeat them for Joseph to keep moving. When you pass the merchant that he badmouths you’re about half way there.
- When you enter the sewers, your mission is now to lower the water level. Follow the tunnel, climb the ladder, and turn off the two valves. That opens up the next area, up the next ladder, where a Suicider guards the room. Kill him, grab the Personal ID, and turn off the water for a cutscene. Oh….ew. This is the Floater and he pukes damage at you. Charming. You have to clear this chamber before you can move on and he is a damage sponge. Grenades, firearms, and fury will all help you here. Then follow the radar. I’ll be honest, this is a massive area, with lots of zombies, so I chose to book it through to reach the next chapter.