Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Helen will send you to find Jin and Joseph. Joseph is just outside of the church, dying. You will retrieve Jin from the police station. While you’re in the church, Bruno will ask you to find tools to help the church defenses. They’re back at the pump station. It’s an easy run to the water plant and back. After that, Bruno will give you an ongoing quest for nails.
- In your travels you may pass Vang Chi which will trigger the Heroes and Villains mission. He leads you into an alley and there you must face off with some armed punks. Once you kill them all Vang will send you off to find his daughter. You’ll have to fight your way through a compound and then a warehouse filled with punks. If you have guns, climb the ladder at the left, just inside the entrance to the warehouse and take the guys down from above. There are a few propane tanks to shoot, too. Enter the door, kill two more punks, and shoot a lock to free Amber. She’ll give you a mod.
- Now it’s time to accomplish Lady in Trouble, by rescuing Jin at the police station. It’s a short walk from Amber’s warehouse to the sewer entrance, this time in the street, right next to the Abandoned House fast travel point. Travel time in the sewers is minimal, but Floaters are about, so keep moving. You’ll quickly reach the basement entrance to the police station.
- Make your way through the basement parking garage, enter the door, kill the walker inside, and go upstairs. Before you go through the gate that the radar wants you to follow, check out the door on the left. You’ll have to break through, and there’s a Thug inside, but there’s also a lockbox, pistol ammo instructions, a fast travel map, and a bench.
- In the cell block, hang your first right and look in the last cell for a Personal ID. In another cell is Reza who needs you to throw a switch to open his cell. Continue following the radar after that. You’ll enter a string of office with punks that you must clear out. They’re packing, so be warned. Look for a Personal ID on the counter after you’ve cleared them out, right before you go upstairs. There’s another pack of armed punks up here, so proceed slowly. You’ll back track a couple of times until they’re all dead. The final office will start a cutscene with Jin.
- The nun will send you out to clear the cemetary. It’s right next door, and it’s straightforward, but there are a few Thugs along the way. Tim will ask you to find a file from the police station. It’s easy enough, follow the radar, retrieve the file, and return to the church for your reward. It’s a little harder than it sounds, as there is a lot of police station to cover. It’s now filled with zombies and you’ll go back to exactly where you found Jin. Of course. In the next cubicle from the file, which looks like a phone book, you’ll find another Personal ID.
- After you return to Tim he’ll give you a mod and send you to find a gun for him. It’s close, thankfully, about 100 meters from the church. Guess what though? The game hates you. The house is filled with poisonous gas, and the kitchen, where the gun is in a briefcase, is guarded by a Thug. Enjoy! Return to the church with the gun.
- Now, it’s time to go back to the Lifeguard Tower, and deliver all your supplies. Head to the armored car and you’re on your way. For some reason, again, when the next section starts, you’ll be outside of the car and attacked before you can get it. Take care of the zombies and drive to the Lifeguard base. You’ll notice how much harder your opponents are by the fact that the zombies you run over don’t always take enough damage to die.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Around now you’ll get the Busy, Busy, Busy achievement now for finishing 75 missions (60 points!) and the Dedicated Student, for reaching 25 levels, worth 2 points, should be within your grasp as well.