Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Jin will direct you to drive to a village. You’ll reach a busted out bridge and have to kill zombies before you can proceed. Then you’ll protect Jin on a long hike through the jungle to the village. Expect a couple of Floaters. In the hut where you arrive is a bench, and a recording on the table.
- As usual, there are a number of missions here. Matutero wants you to fetch some stolen weapons. Tobias wants you to retrieve some tools, which is a close, simple mission. Loren, who’s standing in a window frame, wants medical supplies. Carter sends you on an assassination mission. A Personal ID is in his cabin. Brian asks you for canned food.
- In the hut you go to for Loren, look for the recorder on the floor by a body. The key you need is in a tray in the back left corner of the cabin. This key opens a cabinet by the front door that has bandages in it. After you accomplish this mission she’ll ask you to go fetch healing herbs. This is an ongoing fetch quest.
- To complete the Nighthawk quest, follow the radar out of the village to the plane crash. The plane crash sight is filled with looted, but guarded by lots of armed guys. LOTS. However, there are canned goods here you need to bring to Brian anyway, and plenty of ammo and guns, so it’s worth exploring.
- Next select the Dead In Fishing Net mission to go out to the harbor to kill some zombies. It’s an easy trip from the plane crash. There are a few zombies including a Thug in a cabin. Look for the Personal ID once they’re toasted, and head back to the village to claim your reward and fast travel back to the Lighthouse for your reward for finding the wreckage.
- Back at the village, let’s finish up Carter’s assassination mission, which will also lead us to finish the Spy Game mission. About 150 meters out of the village you’ll run into another community, and as you progress it will bring on another cutscene. This introduces the Butcher who is like the Infected, only all stabby. Once you get past him you’ll follow a river bed and then reach a wooden bridge. After that you’ll run into some human enemies, a mass of them, all carrying guns, and after they’re mostly defeated, you’ll face a wave of zombies. Here you can get the two boxes of weapons you’re expected to pick up, and then you can continue on your assassination.
- Follow the path on the truck until you reach the camp. Get ready for a fight as the men here are heavily armed. Clear the base, taking your time to avoid getting killed. Once inside the building, Vargas is in the back corner, along with a Personal ID. You can also get your Spy Games recording here. After this, activate the weapons box quest and take the truck route all the way back. Again, you’ll put the boxes in shaded spaces where they need to rest. Then talk to Matutero. He has another quest for you, but first go to Carter for your assassination reward and return to the Abandoned House for the Spy Game payoff.