Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Ope will lead you through the jungle. You will encounter some zombies, and when you reach the village you will be attacked by a horde, including a Thug and a Butcher. This is very challenging. It was, for me, the most difficult part so far, mostly because they start you at exactly the same point when you die or Ope dies, only with damaged weapons and lost ammo. You’ll repeat this a lot. Kill a few of the regular zombies, then move in a circle around the zombies ganging up on Ope to kill them off. Use your Fury if you can. When you think you’re finished, two more Infected will charge in.
- On the way up the hill you’ll confront another Thug and Butcher. Be on the look out for fresh weapons. Cross a wooden bridge, and then you’ll reach a drawbridge that is up. Drop down one level and jump across to a ladder that reaches the other side. Throw the lever to continue. Climb the rest of the way up the hill to reach the tomb and a cutscene.
- After that, you’ll follow a native girl as she guides you down the hill to a cutscene. Go save Mowen, return to the boat, and you’re on your way to the next section. Once the boat arrives, you’ll guide the girl up the hill to Dr. West, where you get the reward and a reminder from the guy on the radio. There’s a Recording on the desk in the room with the girl.
- Dr. West hands you off to his people for another set of quests. Lachance wants you to find something called icardium, and it’s close by. Nguyen asks you to find his file. In this office is a Personal ID.
- The icardium is easy to fetch, it’s in the building behind Geo Pharm, where you have to climb up and over the boxes. You can take a car about halfway up the hill to fetch Nguyen’s laptop. When the radar starts acting weird, climb out of the car and look for a fire escape-style ladder to take you down to an isolate lab. There’ s a Ram down here, and you’ll climb up onto the lab to drop in. There’s a Personal ID, a mod, and the laptop, as well as a zombie. There’s also a busted door you can take out, so you can return to base. If you complete Nguyen’s task, he’ll ask you to find some Floater meat next. It’s a simple enough task.