Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- ACHIEVEMENT: King of the Jungle is yours for completing Act Three, worth 30 points.
- Follow Mowen through the entry to the prison the cafeteria. There’s two guys to buy stuff from along the way. A cutscene loads and then you’re on deck to fetch stuff for some inmates to proceed. Dreyfuss just needs a fix. Angel wants you to whack the Butcher of Banoi. Titus wants you to free a buddy. Fortunately there are a lot of guys here to buy from, including fellas selling ammo.
- The bloody path of the Butcher is easy to follow, and for such a bad rep and such a terrifying trail of corpses, he’s not too much of a challenge by this point. Take him out and return for your reward.
- TIP: Especially in the prison, get used to closing doors behind you so that zombies can’t sneak up on you.
- The drug fetch quest, on the other hand, is kind of brutal. The cell block you go to is infested with zombies, including a Ram and some Thugs. It’s best to just keep moving. The good news is there’s quite a decent pile of ammo floating around. Run up to the third floor, talk to the dude, run down to the second floor to open the cells, which will set off an alarm you’ll need to turn off. When you open the prison doors, you’ll actually free two people, the drug dealer and an escort mission. Head to the far corner of the ground floor first to complete the drug mission. There are four stashes in the cell, the toilet, the soap dispenser, and two in the last bunk on the left. Then go to the second floor and escort the guy back to Titus. Return to Dreyfuss for a reward.
- After that Titus will send you to find weapons and ammo, and follow the trail. You’ll run into zombies and armed cops, but you should be prepared by now. When you reach the end of the trail you’ll meet Kevin, who needs a key so you can break into the armory. Go back the way you came, take out some cops, and get the master key. No problem.
- TIP: Before you give the key to Kevin, look down the hall to the double doors. Those are gonna open and there’s a horde inside, so put a propane tank or two in front of them to make your life easier.
- Hand Kevin the key and defend him. A Thug is in the mob, so it’ll take some effort. Once you’re done, grab two ammo boxes, along with a stash for yourself. Then return to Titus, who is not happy. Next he’ll send you out to clean the kitchen of dead and fetch food. This is pretty straightforward, but watch out for propane tanks that will make your life a lot easier. When you’re done, you’ll exit right next to Titus.
- Outside Titus’ “office” Harland sends you to get some Thorazine. Head upstairs, where you’ll enter some offices patrolled by dead cops and a Suicider. In the room where you find the drugs, there is also a Personal ID.
- Titus sends you off to Block B for more weapons, but he warns you that it will be tough going. This is the last mission you need before connecting with White in Block C. Head for the basement, and watch for the big room where you can use a propane tank well. Right after you’ll notice a Suicider, and after him hang a left for a weapons bench and a Personal ID. Keep moving and you’ll run into about five cops. Once they’re done, take the high road so you can pick of most of the zombies before you come into their reach. There are lots more propane tanks around. Then follow the radar trail. Things get VERY convoluted as you arrive at your destination, then have to wander around an entire cellblock just to get in. Watch out for heavy zombies, but it’s easiest just to keep moving. Once in the office, you’ll be radioed by White.