Dead Island Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Prologue
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Lifeguard Tower Missions
- Lighthouse Missions
- The Girls, Luke, and Omar
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Hank wants spark plugs and other bits and pieces for the group’s car in Lazarus Rising; Mike sends you off for gas in Ashes to Ashes. Max asks you to look for Kelly’s husband, William. Dominc wants you to fetch some radio amplifiers from the lighthouse in On The Air.
- Jack asks for help getting into the infirmary and you can do that right now by busting in the door and killing the zombies inside. Immediately after that he’ll send you off to find medical supplies.
- An easy first quest is to say you’ll look for Jeannine’s necklace. She says she left it in a bungalow in the mission, “My Precious”. Just follow the radar trail up behind the lifeguard tower and look for car parts along the way. When you get to the bungalow, you’ll see a woman asking for help, trapped by a truck. Climb in and move it and get into the bungalow for the necklace and another mission, where Roger asks you to give his wife a lift to the lighthouse. Drive here there in the truck and drop her off to find Maggie for the mission “The Lost”, and unlock another base, where you can trade, fast travel, and find a car.
- James, up top of the lighthouse, asks you to help these people as well, unlocking more missions.
- Use the fast travel to hop back to the Lifeguard Tower to complete “The Lost” and talk to Jeannine to get your reward for finding the necklace.
- Take the truck to finish the car parts quest, the medical bag quest, and take another bottle of booze to Stanley to wrap things up before you start questing further.
- Kelly’s husband is in a bungalow clear out at the end of the diamond cabanas. You will have to jump or climb over a barricade to get there. He gives you a message for his wife and Svetlana asks you for a bottle of champagne (which you can complete now if you like). Return the news to the lifeguard tower to complete the mission.
- The gas station is not far away and easy to reach by truck. It isn’t as hard as some of the Hard levels, even though it is labeled Very Hard. Pretty simple path and instructions, you turn the gas pumps on, fill a gas can, and return it to Mike. The trouble is the bad guys along the way, including a Thug, but by now you’re capable. Mike uses the gas to burn the bodies, and now you can settle up with Sinamoi. On the way there, Mike will offer to make you Molotovs for every 5 bottles of booze you bring him. If you don’t have enough, they’ll be easy to collect by now.
- ACHIEVEMENT: If you’ve been switching weapons much, by now you’ll get the A Taste of Everything achievement for 25 points.
- Talking to Sinamoi To Kill Time will be over, and A Piece of Cake will begin, where you fetch cans of food. Again, you might have some in stockpile already. That will start another nutrition seeking mission to gas stations, Seek N Loot.
- Follow the radar to complete Seek N Loot. The juice pack is a flat of juice cartons in the office of the first gas station. On the way to the second you can stop and help Laurie free her husband. At the second gas station kill the zombies then jump the electricity to the ladder. Unfortunately there’s a Thug on the roof. Once he is dispatched, bust open the skylights at the back of the gas station and drop down. There are lockers with loot here, as well as the juice. Return it to your truck and return to the Lifeguard station. Instead of going to Sinamoi, however, look for two silhouettes of boxes in the right rear of the garage. They are marked with a red item icon, but can be hard to make out. THEN go talk to the man upstairs.