Dead Rising 2: Case Zero Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- The Gas Station
- Case 0-1
- Case 0-2
- Case 0-3
- Case 0-4
- Combo Weapons
- Jed doesn’t put up a fair fight — he carries a Boomstick, which he’ll use against you excessively at range or up close, and he has a blow torch he’ll fire up on you if you attack him up close.
- If you get into trouble during this battle, you can quickly run inside and grab food from the Gas Station store, or make new weapons at the work bench. This costs you time, though, which is what this battle is really about.
- You only have from the time you give Katey her shot (at the latest, just before 8 p.m.) until 9 p.m. when the Army arrives back in Still Creek. You must defeat Jed before then.
- An effective strategy is to keep cars between you when Jed’s far away, so that he can’t hit you with the shotgun. Get in close when you can and strafe sideways when he tries to stab you with the Boomstick.
- With Jed’s guard down after he misses his attack, hit him two or three times fast with your melee weapon, then get clear. Unless you hit him with something really heavy, Jed won’t even stumble from the attack — and he’ll retaliate with his torch.
- Circle away from Jed after you tag him and try to blast him with your guns when you can. Keep clear of his fire, though. You’ll need a double-stack of cars to absorb his shot, so try to keep moving sideways to avoid fire.
- Hack away at Jed until you’ve killed him. You can get a health refill inside if you’re desperate, but Jed’s tactics never change. Eventually, you’ll wear him down and kill him.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You get the “Chop Shop” Achievement for defeating Jed.
- After the cutscene, run inside and check the bike before the timer runs out and trigger another cutscene, and the escape from Still Creek.