Dead Rising 3: Top 10 Best Combo Weapons [Video]
Find even more Dead Rising 3 guides and secrets with plenty of gory combo-weapon-on-zombie violence; subscribe to Game Front’s Video Walkthroughs on YouTube.
With dozens of combo weapons to choose from, it’s hard to tell which will give you the most zombie-killing bang for your buck in Dead Rising 3. That’s why Game Front’s anti-undead expert Mitch (of Game Front Video Walkthroughs fame) put together his choices for 10 of the best combo weapons in Capcom’s latest open-world actioner. See these deadly tools in the video above, or find the list below with locations for every blueprint.
Which combo weapons are your favorites? Let us know in the comments!
For even more info on the outbreak, check out the Dead Rising 3 walkthrough, taking you through each chapter and every tricky boss encounter. If you’re more about secrets, collectibles, or guides — browse our list of Dead Rising 3 cheats.
Top 10 Best Combo Weapons
Instead of choosing the very best, AP-earning weapons, Mitch wanted to share what he felt were the most-useful tools of destruction.
The easiest combinations to obtain, with the most utility in your every-day adventures gets precedence over flashy weapons that take ages to construct. Check out his picks in the list below.
10. Heavy Metal
- Recipe: Lead Pipe + 2×4
- Blueprint: Bus Roof / Rhonda’s Garage – Ingleton
9. ElectroIce Staff
- Recipe: Electric Staff + Liquid Nitrogen
- Blueprint: Walkways of the Power Station – Almuda
Also Required: Electric Staff
- Recipe: Battery + Traffic Light
- Blueprint: Warehouses, Fenced-In Area – Almuda
- Recipe: Assault Rifle + Shotgun
- Blueprint: Central City Police Station (Hilde Boss) – Chapter 3
- Blueprint: 1 Point into Food Item Category Reward
6. Ultimate Grim Reaper
- Recipe: Death Mask Reaper + Gas Canister
- Blueprint: Package Force Warehouse (Left of the Awning) – Ingleton
Also Required: Death Mask Reaper
- Recipe: Fire Reaper + Skull Mask
- Blueprint: Fenced-in Courtyard – Northeast Ingleton
Also Required: Fire Reaper
- Recipe: Grim Reaper + Gas Canisterk
- Blueprint: Rooftops (Across the Gun Store) – Ingleton
Also Required: Grim Reaper
- Recipe: Sword + Scythe
- Blueprint: Shank’s Knife Store – Ingleton
5. Split Shot
- Recipe: Lead Pipe + Assault Rifle
- Blueprint: Military Base – Chapter 4
4. Electric Crusher
- Recipe: Sledgehammer + Battery
- Blueprint: Crypt (Near Sewer Entrance) – Chapter 2
3. Freedom Bear
- Recipe: Robot Bear + LMG
- Blueprint: Hotel Canopy – Sunset Hills
- Recipe: Steamroller + Motorcycle
- Blueprint: Chapter 01 Completion Reward
1. Flaming Sword
- Recipe: Broadsword + Motor Oil
- Blueprint: High School Locker – Sunset Hills