Dead Space 3: Collectible Log Locations Guide
Players hungry to learn the lore behind Dead Space 3 and its various ruined locations will have plenty of material to comb over with the collectible audio or text logs. Find every one of these informative tidbits, each delving one step deeper into the events that lead to the outbreak. Don’t miss one, and get one step closer to 100% completion with our guide below.
More Dead Space 3 Cheats, Tips, and Secrets
Survive Tau Volantis with Game Front’s Dead Space 3 game guide, showing you how to complete every stage of the singleplayer campaign. For secrets like easter eggs, achievement guides, and exploits — browse over to our list of Dead Space 3 cheats.
Collectible Log Locations Guide
- Audio Log #1: Early in the chapter, you’ll find a small room with a medium Med Pack. Grab it, and look in the corner for a lit desk to find the first audio log.
- Text Log #1: Near the audio log, the text log is on the bed in the same room.
- Audio Log #2: Easy to find, as the cutscene ends you should be able to spot this log on a desk ahead.
- Text Log #2: Through the room with the Necromorph ambush, you’ll enter another hallway leading to the second elevator. Don’t take the elevator just yet, instead run all the way down the hallway to find a log. There’s also a circuit nearby.
- Text Log #3: Once you’re in a zero-g environment, you’ll pass through a large shaft before landing and using a door to your left. Inside, there’s an elevator to the right and another text log straight ahead.
- Text Log #4: When the cutscene ends, look around the opening room. There’s a text log, but you can also find a weapon part, and a circuit.
- Text Log #5: Inside the Officer’s Quarters, don’t forget to grab this log on the table near the sofa.
- Audio Log #3: Found in the same room, look in the back corner opposite the sofa.
- Text Log #6: Back down the elevator from the Officer’s room, follow the waypoint through the hallways toward the Repair Bay. Before entering the bay, you’ll have to cross through a smaller room with a doorway to your right. Check inside to grab a text log and a circuit.
Chapter 4 – Greely Optional Quest:
- Audio Log #4: This can’t be missed. On the main mission path, you’ll need to solve a simple fuse puzzle while trying to restore the power.
- Audio Log #5: Once the electricity panel has been pulled off with Telekinesis, explore the back end of the generator room to find this audio log, and a weapon part.
- Audio Log #1: On the bridge, look out from the windows and check out the right wall to find an audio log near another artifact.
- Text Log #1: Leaving the bridge, follow your path device down to the back of the room. On the way, before leaving through the door, is another text log.
- Text Log #2: Eventually you’ll face off against a Necromorph that revives corpses. Defeat the enemies, and look left of the door leading to your objective to find a log. There’s also a bench in this room.
- Audio Log #1: Travelling out of the broken train, you’ll enter a large viewing chamber with windows that open as you enter. Just right of the entrance is the audio log, with a bench to your left.
- Text Log #3: In the viewing chamber with opening windows, head to the front and turn around to find steps leading down to a small area with lockers. Against one of the walls, you can grab the text log. There’s a weapon part nearby.
- Audio Log #2: After leaving the chamber, the elevator will drop down. Look to the right corner of the new room for another log.
Chapter 5 – Conning Tower Optional Quest:
- Audio Log #1: Arriving on a tram, there’s a room left of the main exit with a bench. You’ll need to solve a puzzle to get inside. In the back corner, there’s a weapon part and an audio log.
- Text Log #1: Leaving the engine room, you’ll have to solve a Stasis puzzle in another generator room. After finishing the puzzle, look for stairs leading down to find a text log.
- Text Log #2: After grabbing the previous log, back track to the elevator and select Level 2. Inside, there’s another text log waiting straight ahead.
- Text Log #3: Continuing the mission, you’ll reach Level 3. Near the dead body, you can grab yet another text log.
- Text Log #1: Thrown from a cliff, you’ll be able to spot a derelict structure in the distance. Near the start of it, you can find a corrugated fence leading into a small shack. The shack contains a text log on the left wall.
- Audio Log #1: In the same shack, use Kinesis on the generator to the right to automatically collect the next log.
- Audio Log #2: The main path will lead you forward to another darkened shack. Use Kinesis on the generator to listen to a new audio log.
- Text Log #2: Another text log is located in the same shack as the previous audio log.
- Audio Log #1: Past the room with the hanging bodies through the kitchen, you’ll enter a larger dark room. Past the larger room, with some weak Necromorphs, you’ll enter a hallway leading right. Against the left wall, there’s an audio log.
- Audio Log #2: Leaving the pump room, you’ll enter another area with a blueprint beside the exit door. Before leaving, grab the audio log in the same room by picking up the access key.
- Audio Log #3: After gaining a new suit to travel safely through the snow, step through the security checkpoint and interact with the machine to the left down the hall to find this audio log.
- Text Log #1: Once the fight against a huge Necromorph outside is finished, you’ll enter an interior building with a ladder to the left in the second room. The ladder leads up to a quarters with a text log, a blueprint, and an artifact.
- Text Log #2: Following the previous collectible, continue on to a lift and ride it down to an exterior area with a large building ahead, the entrance to the right. Complete the minigame to get inside, and the text log is to the right, near the entrance.
Chapter 9 – Supply Depot Optional Quest:
- Audio Log #1: In the first room, look on the desk to the right to find this log.
- Text Log #1: Past the first room, enter the second room on the main path. Step through the door and look right to find the log.
- Audio Log #2: Still following the main path, you’ll enter a small workshop full of dead bodies. In the back right corner, there’s another audio log.
- Text Log #2: Pushing forward, you’ll need to climb back up onto a catwalk and into a room with a bench in the back left corner. This room contains the text log.
- Audio Log #3: Down the elevator, you’ll enter a room with a small Necromorph ambush. The log is left of the exit door, leading into a new room with a bench.
- Audio Log #4: Leaving the Explosive Storage room, you’ll reach another area with a bench. Right of the bench, you can find the next log.
- Audio Log #1: When the mission starts, look left into the room outside the bench area to grab the log.
- Text Log #1: Past two soldier ambushes, you’ll reach a small shack with a bench and a suit kiosk. In the same room, there’s a weapon part and a text log.
- Audio Log #1: Past the massive containment room, through the catwalk, you’ll reach a room leading toward a kiosk. Before entering the kiosk room, you can find an audio log against the right wall.
- Text Log #1: With the Plateau Access card, you’ll back track to a previously locked door. Open it, and look inside for a log.
- Text Log #2: This log is found in the first room of the barracks.
- Text Log #3: A second log can also be found in the first room of the barracks.
Chapter 11 – Armory Optional Quest
- Audio Log #1: A circuit and an audio log are found in a small elevator lobby right after passing through the fourth circular chamber in this mission.
- Audio Log #2: For your objective, you’ll need to collect a key. This audio log is near the desk holding the key you need.
- Text Log #1: Return to the lower level Pump Room after collecting the key to find a text log and a circuit in the room.
- Audio Log #1: Just left of the entrance into the Neurology room.
- Audio Log #2: Check the right wall after stepping off the elevator inside the Paleontology area.
- Audio Log #3: Inside the containment area holding large creature specimens, look to the right wall from the entrance for a desk containing the log.
Chapter 14 – Reaper Barracks Optional Quest
- Text Log #1: In the first room of the barracks, find this log ahead on the ground.
- Text Log #2: The next log is ahead, right of the kiosks.
- Text Log #3: Continuing down the main path, the next log is found just through the door right of the kiosks.
Chapter 14 – Disposal Services Optional Quest
- Text Log #1: After taking the second lift in the mission, look right to find this log.
- Text Log #2: On the main path past another extending bridge, you’ll ride a lift up to a small room with a locked door. The log is left of the door.
- Text Log #2: Continue forward to the computer room outside the storage chamber. Pass the bench into a smaller room to find the log.
- Audio Log #1: Inside the Hydraulics area, in the room with the kiosk and bench.
- Text Log #1: Turn right through the first door and look for this log on the dry board.
- Audio Log #1: Near the entrance to the artifact storage area, you’ll reach a crossroads. The locator will point you right, but check out the dead end to your left to find another audio log.
- Audio Log #2: After riding the lift up to another glowing circle, run past it and check out the computer on the desk beyond.
Chapter 17 – Artifact Storage Optional Quest:
- Audio Log #1: The first log is found down the ramp and right, in the starting room of this optional mission.
- Text Log #1: This text log is simply right of the door leading further into the mission, across the first audio log.
- Text Log #2: In the Zero-G room, float down to the bridge two levels down from the top floor. It’s floating near the center of the bridge.
- Text Log #3: Keep moving down the Zero-G cylinder, to the third floor from the bottom. The log is near the door.
- Text Log #1: On the main path, through the ramps, and look on the scaffolding to the right of the first bench you encounter.
- Audio Log #1: Left of the generator used to activate a lift, check out the audio log on the desk.