Dead Space 3: Easter Eggs & Unlockables Guide
EA’s survival horror franchise continues its love affair with easter eggs in Dead Space 3. We’ve already found secret modes that let you play in extra low-res glory, and a super powerful foam finger. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so stop wasting time on the introduction and get to the meat of the matter below.
More Dead Space 3 Cheats, Tips, and Secrets
Survive Tau Volantis with Game Front’s Dead Space 3 game guide, showing you how to complete every stage of the singleplayer campaign. For secrets like easter eggs, achievement guides, and exploits — browse over to our list of Dead Space 3 cheats.
Easter Eggs Guide
Chapter Titles Secret Message
- This secret message is revealed by looking at the first letter of each chapter title. The letters spell out a message that might just be a huge SPOILER.
- Check out the full details with our article all about the Dead Space 3 Secret Message.
- How to Find: Complete Hardcore mode, available after finishing the Campaign.
- Description: This filter can be switched on/off in the options menu once unlocked. When activated, it adds a pixel filter to make the entire game look, well, retro! Check out the image at the top of the screen for more details.
- How to Find: Complete Classic mode, available after finishing the Campaign.
- Description: A special weapon, similar to the Foam Finger, that makes Isaac rock out. He’ll hold up the Devil Horns (Index + Pinky raised up!) when he isn’t shooting enemies. Also like the Foam Finger, it’s incredibly powerful.
- How to Find: Unlocked for having a Mass Effect 3 save file.
- Description: This suit of armor is based off Commander Shepard’s famous armor featured in the Mass Effect series.
Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter:
- How to Find: Unlocked for having a Dead Space 2 save file.
- Description: This improved Plasma Cutter weapon is far more powerful than its standard counterpart.
More to come!