Dead Space 3: Infinite Item Farming Locations Strategy [UPDATE]
Like this video? Find more on Game Front’s new Video Walkthroughs channel on Youtube and subscribe!
The Necromorphs won’t make Isaac Clarke’s life easy in Dead Space 3, so you might just want to take advantage of this simple item farming spot. In Chapter 8 there’s a room where credits, resources, and med packs regularly appear. All you’ve got to do is find it, and collect as many items as you need. Get all the details on this helpful glitch with our guide below.
More Dead Space 3 Cheats, Tips, and Secrets
Survive Tau Volantis with Game Front’s Dead Space 3 game guide, showing you how to complete every stage of the singleplayer campaign. For secrets like easter eggs, achievement guides, and exploits — browse over to our list of Dead Space 3 cheats.
Infinite Item Spawning Location [Glitch]
Method #1 – Location: Chapter 8
- Near the end of Chapter 8, before moving on to Chapter 9. The item spawn point is inside a small building, entered by side-stepping a corrugated metal fence.
- The building contains a generator to your right, and bunk beds to the left, with an exit door ahead. The item spawn location is near the beds, but there should be no item when you first enter.
- To make this glitch work, leave the room through the door ahead of the beds. As you leave, turn around and wait for the door to close.
- Once the door is closed, reenter the room and look down. Voila! An item will appear. It can be anything from extra money, to med packs, to resources.
- Simply back out of the room, wait for the door to close, and walk back inside. You can continue to collect these items infinitely. Sell them for extra cash, or use them to craft new and better weapons.
Method #2 – Location: Chapter 13
- Fight to the end of the chapter, and defeat the boss. After the battle, you’ll be rewarded in a large-ish snowy field with crates scattered around the area.
- The crates contain tungsten, a very valuable resource, and a few med packs or ammo.
- To make this exploit work, you should see an autosave icon pop-up after defeating the boss and heading into the area with all the crates. Don’t continue to the area’s exit, or you’ll trigger another autosave and miss your chance to farm!
- Instead, grab everything you need. Break all the crates and collect the items. This is where the fun starts.
- When you’ve picked up everything, select “Save and Quit” to exit back to the main menu. Then, choose “Continue from last save” to return to the location of your last autosave. That should be right at the beginning of the snowy field.
- Thanks to a strange quirk of the system, you’ll retain all of the items you picked up from the previous save. Now, you can simply recollect all the items in the area.
- Save, quit, and reload to get all the Tungsten you’ll ever need. Enjoy!
UPDATE (02/08/2013): EA’s Jino Talens issued Game Front the following statement regarding this issue:
“The resource-earning mechanic in Dead Space 3 is not a glitch. We have no plans to issue a patch to change this aspect of the game. We encourage players to explore the game and discover the areas where resources respawn for free. We’ve deliberately designed Dead Space 3 to allow players to harvest resources by playing through the game. For those that wish to accumulate upgrades instantly, we have enabled an optional system for them to buy the resources at a minimal cost ($1-$3).”