Dead Space 3 PC – How to Change Your FOV
Dead Space 3 is a blast. Unfortunately, it’s also got some pretty big issues with field-of-view and player perspective. Menus are often obscured by turning, the camera can get caught in corners, and players can get disoriented by just how close they are to Isaac’s back. Thankfully, the folks at Visceral have been kind enough to allow players to change Dead Space 3′s FOV to something more to their taste.
How to Change Your FOV
To change your FOV, just follow these simple steps:
- Navigate your way to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EA Games\Dead Space 3\
- Open up system.txt in the text editor of your choice
- Find the line “Window.FOVScale = 1.00000000″
- Change the number to whatever you like. By default, 1.0 is an FOV of 75 degrees. For a view similar to Dead Space 1, I’d suggest changing it to 1.2.
- (FOR 16:9 MONITORS) Change “Window.WideScreen” to true.
Problem solved! Your FOV is now more in line with your personal tastes, and you can get back to being spooked by necromorphs. If you want to see the difference between FOVs, take a look at the screenshots below. Both were taken on “Very High” at a resolution of 1920×1080.
Make sure to stay tuned for GameFront’s full Dead Space 3 review!
More Dead Space 3 Cheats, Tips, and Secrets
Survive Tau Volantis with Game Front’s Dead Space 3 game guide, showing you how to complete every stage of the singleplayer campaign. For secrets like easter eggs, achievement guides, and exploits — browse over to our list of Dead Space 3 cheats.