Dead Space 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 12: Autopsy
- Make your way around the right side of the catwalk to approach the small glowing console and activate it to fire the harpoon beside you, then use kinesis to rotate the crank on the back of the mounted gun and pull back the massive creature’s legs.
- Repeat the step above on the opposite side of the area to fire a second harpoon and weaken the monster’s grip, then enter the indicated cage to ride it forward across the room and descend into the creature’s body cavity below.
- Equip your probe gun and aim it forward as you walkthrough the creature’s stomach canal, then listen for the “pings” that emit from the weapon and use it like a sonar device to locate the first nerve cluster.
- Move in a direction that causes the “pings” to increase in speed until you find the indicated nerve cluster, one of the yellow pulsating sacs attached to the wall or ceiling, then fire a probe into it and watch the electrical reaction occur.
- Put your back against the closest wall to anticipate the oncoming wave of markers and mow them down quickly with one of your automatic weapons, then switch back to the probe and continue searching for the nearest nerve clusters.
- Travel deeper into the monster’s body cavity to locate the next two nerve clusters using your pinging weapon and fire probes into them to boost the signal for Santos, then return to the elevator and defend it from the next wave of oncoming enemies.
- Ride the cage back out of the monster’s body cavity to activate the next cut scene, then use kinesis on the dial beside you to open the door and exit the car.
- Follow your locator into the elevator to ride it to the floor below and exit the car to head down the catwalk beside you, then pass by the furnace to move through the next two doors at the end and turn left on the other side.
- Enter the room marked Exterior Access to search the next area for supplies and follow your locator to the exit door, then move through it to return to the outside and activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, duck behind the obstacle in front of you to take cover and use an automatic weapon to mow down the wave of enemies that approach from landing craft.
- Finish eliminating the enemy squadron ahead to activate a cut scene in which the enormous spider monster returns, then roll sideways to dodge the creature’s falling pincers and open fire on the markers that are spit out onto the ground in front of you.
- Target the yellow-glowing vulnerable spot on the monster’s chest, then fire on this area repeatedly with an automatic weapon to inflict damage on the creature until it inhales you towards its mouth.
- As you are being sucked towards the monsters open mouth, fire at the yellow dots that form a ring around the creature’s jaws until it stops inhaling.
- Roll sideways to avoid another round of pincer attacks and keep the next wave of approaching markers at bay, then open fire on the monster’s chest and mouth again to avoid being swallowed.
- Repeat the previous step to destroy all of the yellow dots that form a ring around the monster’s mouth and activate the next cut scene in which you are swallowed by the creature.
- Open fire on the cluster of sacs in front of you to fend off the oncoming projectiles, then disable each of them with your probe gun to activate another short action sequence and complete this chapter.