Dead Space 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- After the opening cut scene, push your character forward through the blizzard and press the indicated buttons to activate the blue indicator line.
- Follow the blue indicator line to the left and use it repeatedly to navigate the storm until you reach the narrow mountain ledge that looks down on the facility below.
- Press the indicated button run and make your way around the jagged rock ledge to reach the crashed ship on the other side, then approach the indicated door to stomp on the surrounding crates and collect the ammunition inside them.
- Shoot the indicated latch to break the lock and open the door to activate a short cut scene, then back up to avoid taking damage and open fire on the enemies that emerge from the ship.
- Take aim at the enemies’ heads and whichever of their limbs is currently holding a weapon to efficiently disable them, then continue firing to finish off both zombies and move through the open door to enter the crashed ship.
- Continue aiming for the enemies’ appendages or heads, while backing away each time, and stomp on the heads of those that manage to crawl too close to you.
- Use the blue indicator beam to navigate the ship’s initial corridor and eliminate enemies that arise along the way, then approach the corpse hanging upside from the ceiling and climb the next ladder to enter the room above.
- Approach the blue console screen in front of you at the top of the ladder and use it to open the next door, then enter the cockpit to pick up the indicated Codex and activate a short cut scene.
- Afterwards, follow the on-screen prompts to rappel down the vertical cliff-face and jump to clear various gaps or gain additional speed as you descend.
- When you see a fiery explosion erupt at the base of the cliff, come to a stop for a few seconds to avoid taking damage and continue your descent to activate a short action sequence.
- Roll your character all the way towards the right side of the slope to avoid the oncoming wreckage and activate another cut scene to complete the Prologue.
- Trophy / Achievement Unlocked: Stranger in a Strange Land (10 points): Complete the Prologue.